Still waiting for Boat Title??? >

Still waiting for Boat Title???

Notices

Still waiting for Boat Title???

Old 01-21-2012, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by pondrunner
It wasn't Spinellis thank god! Thanks for the info.
Well, they don't sell boats. It was supposed to be more of an example of what can happen.

Go to the NYS DMV web site and search your VIN# for liens. Call the lien holder and see what the status is. There is a good chance a repo guy out there is loking for your boat right now, but he doesn't have your address because paper work has not been filed. I am not telling you to tell them where it is, however you might get an idea of the seriousness of the problem and force quicker action.

It's tough, and difficult to protect yourself. The people in the news article lost. Spinellas filed bankrupt and had little to no assests to pay out.

Good luck. If you want to PM me I can put you in touch with some local people in the industry that may be able to advise you. Not a lot of dealers in this area, and many of them are in financial trouble.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ROB FREEMAN
ther would be no spinelis . if this chit happened to me . fricken theives , its time to take our country back !start at the top .
+1x1000000
Old 01-22-2012, 07:42 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I feel your pain I have been waiting 15 months for my title from another OSO member.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:57 PM
Registered

another local scammer. Once owned the now closed Bombard Chevy. One of his customers also had their car repoed

http://www.9wsyr.com/news/local/stor...rRp-HLU0Q.cspx

I would do what ever you can to get this cleared up ASAP. BTW, what is the name of the dealer?
Old 01-24-2012, 11:01 PM
Registered

I had a a problem with a boat i got in sept. of last year. I went to the DNR and they told me the only thing i could do was send a certified letter to the people asking for the title and wait for a responce[contesting that they didnt sell the boat to me] or the letter to be returned[there not contesting] the sale. I turned out there wasnt a title[lost] and with the sales recept and a copy of the withdraw of money, the boat hull id, state id number on the boat and the returned letter they reprinted me a title in my name.Hope it works out for you. It took about six weeks for this to happen. I dont know of your state works that way or not,food for though. Now im working on the title for the trailer, DMV is not as easy.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:49 AM
Registered

Thanks for the responses...NYS Attorney General, NYS DMV and a private law firm are on the case. Notify NYS that someone has not paid them their taxes and DMV fees and chit happens fast!
Old 01-25-2012, 08:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by pondrunner
Thanks for the responses...NYS Attorney General, NYS DMV and a private law firm are on the case. Notify NYS that someone has not paid them their taxes and DMV fees and chit happens fast!
Good luck, I really hopes this turns out right for you.

Do you ever have plans on letting the cat out of the bag? There are only a few dealers in this area that are even in the market of a boat like yours. Maybe you have been told to keep it quiet, but I hope when it is all said and done you will let your fellow boaters know who we should beware of
Old 01-25-2012, 12:09 PM
Registered

I would hide this boat untill this problem is resolved. It would suck if a repo man snached it. Make sure you hide it on property that does not belong to you.