Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Another inconel valve question... >

Another inconel valve question...

Notices

Another inconel valve question...

Old 02-18-2012, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Another inconel valve question...

I have searched all the threads here and other sites and see conflicting information about inconel-super alloy-extreme duty exhaust valves...however you call them...my question is i just picked up a set of Keith Eickert pro 1 heads from a guy who parted his spare boat motor. he bought them from KE site new bare head with valves only...i brought them to my builder and he seems to think the exh. valves are not inconel...ive heard check with a magnet and it should stick half up the stem to the tip only and not the head also they might not be magnetic at all is there any sure fire way to tell? by the way there manley valves...only date code on them no part #...I know most are going to say when in doubt replace them,cheap insurance and i prolly will,but still want to know...Thanks...Kevin
Old 02-18-2012, 05:41 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What are you building for the boat now Kevin
Old 02-18-2012, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Nothing....got a good deal on a like new set of 345 pro 1's and thinking about changing my cam to a Morris cam and bumping boost up to 10-12#...not happy with my dyno #'s from last year.
Wanna trade motors even up?
Old 02-19-2012, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Changing heads will help you out alot. just make sure you have a good fuel supply system if you go over 1000 hp