Feed Back on GLM Aluminum Exhaust for SBC >

Feed Back on GLM Aluminum Exhaust for SBC

Notices

Feed Back on GLM Aluminum Exhaust for SBC

Old 03-09-2012, 06:44 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Feed Back on GLM Aluminum Exhaust for SBC

I am almost sold on these and am looking for user experience and also who has the best price on these? Any bracket/accessory fitment issues.

A Miami Distributor has them A~Z for $799.00/pair...is there a significantly better number on these anywhere?

Last edited by sprink58; 03-09-2012 at 06:51 AM.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

I've used GLM's for a couple years with no issues. Just make sure the mating surfaces are smooth.
Check on eBay. I bought the last 2 sets on there.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:39 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I sell these as well. never had a app in saltwater but all the freshwater apps have had no problems for about 7 years now.

I would use the Mr.Gasket exhaust manifold gasket as we had better luck with them than anyother marine exhaust manifold gasket on the market.

I can see what better pricing I could offer if you really wanted this app. just let me know thanks John.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i don't know how they are gonna hold up in salt. will find out next year or two. dennis moore on eBay. mooreperformance. they are only a little more money than iron, and half the weight. i am tempted to convert to closed cooling and run my stainless risers...
Old 03-09-2012, 11:01 AM
Registered

Wink Salt + Aluminum = possible issues

My opinion is that they are aluminum and I know they are less expensive than most marine replacement manifolds. My thought here is unless you have closed cooling that includes the manifolds you are going to have to carefully flush WELL after every use and then I still don't think you will see more than maybe 2-3 years before they have a possible issue and that leak can cost you engines so be careful.

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 03-09-2012, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

I run in brackish water and flush after every use. Have one set that is 6 years old and still look great inside (had them apart last summer for other reasons). Use Merc SS risers to top them off.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a nice set of merc staimless risers asking 225 plus the ride should ship for $20 flat rate box 2 to 3 day delivery time
Attached Thumbnails Feed Back on GLM Aluminum Exhaust for SBC-stainless-riser.jpg  
Old 03-09-2012, 01:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
I sell these as well. never had a app in saltwater but all the freshwater apps have had no problems for about 7 years now.

I would use the Mr.Gasket exhaust manifold gasket as we had better luck with them than anyother marine exhaust manifold gasket on the market.

I can see what better pricing I could offer if you really wanted this app. just let me know thanks John.
Thanks...yes see what you can do on 2 pair of these for Small Block Chevy. The 2 main reasons I want to use these is increased service life in salt water and weight savings. If I am not getting any additional service life over the cast iron I want go to aluminum...they are almost 2 x the cost.

I am anal about the flushing and will even use a salt neutralizing product.

Thanks for all of the response.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:07 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Just checking to make sure we are the same page. You want to 2 complete sets of alum. GLM exhaust manifolds, risers & hardware meaning 4 manifolds - 4 risers and the rest to complete the 4's.

Do you need 3 inch or 4 inch risers. Also do you want the standard GLM exhaust manifold gaskets that comes with the kit or do want the Mr. Gaskets. Mr. Gaskets a bit more cost - just checking and I will get back to you up here and or if you want to call 817-658-7721 cell. Thanks John
Old 03-09-2012, 10:12 PM
Registered

I need complete A~Z with risers for 2 engines. Figure them 4". Figure the best gaskets.

Thanks..John

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.