Swap Shop Abuse..??? >

Swap Shop Abuse..???

Notices

Swap Shop Abuse..???

Old 03-16-2012, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swap Shop Abuse..???

This is just an observation and I am NOT talking about anybody specifically......

It seems to me that the number of people posting large amounts of parts in the Swap Shop is growing, I understood the swap shop is for private individuals to sell misc "extra" "used" or "not needed parts?

If I was a "paid" advertiser here I would be a little annoyed at the number of people who seem to be parting out boats and selling the parts in the swap shop for a profit...?

I have seen this on other sites, some non-marine related, where people are making a living using a free forum to sell parts and vehicles, doesn't seem right.

One of the things that I get frustrated with is these same people continuosly "ttt" these items that you have to weed through to get to new posts and items you are actually interested in.......again, just an observation......
Old 03-16-2012, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by FogduckerIII
I have seen this on other sites, some non-marine related, where people are making a living using a free forum to sell parts and vehicles, doesn't seem right.
Does it seem right that the forum makes advertising money off the traffic generated by those said people?

The classifieds (except for boat ads) are more for business, selling multiple new items. However, someone wanting to sell a high dollar item and making the ad look professional chooses this option. The paid advertising section also pops up on goolge hits.

The swap shop is just that, like a garage sale or craigslist.

You must be exceptionally bored today.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

some of us like all the parts being sold in there....think its fine...but thats me...
Old 03-16-2012, 01:13 PM
Registered

Swap Shop keeps our World Green and parts dont end up in the landfill.
Think of it like this "OSO brothers helping each other"

For some Used option is Only way they can Build their Boats

Keep up the Good work Off Shore Only :ernaehr ung004:
Old 03-16-2012, 01:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 4bus
Does it seem right that the forum makes advertising money off the traffic generated by those said people?

The classifieds (except for boat ads) are more for business, selling multiple new items. However, someone wanting to sell a high dollar item and making the ad look professional chooses this option. The paid advertising section also pops up on goolge hits.

The swap shop is just that, like a garage sale or craigslist.

You must be exceptionally bored today.
Not bored, just tired with looking at the same ads from the same people over and over again, I just think that some people are using the swap shop to make an income, thats all.

Your right, the swap shop is basically a "garage sale" not a "Flea Market".....or retail store.......
Old 03-16-2012, 01:17 PM
Registered

I am NOT saying I don't like or agree with the basis of the Swap Shop...READ my post, I think some people are abusing the intent of it, thats all......
Old 03-16-2012, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 1,206 Likes on 579 Posts

My only annoyances with the swap shop (and I'm on there everyday and have received a bunch of deals) is listing individual items when you have 15 items, no pictures and no price. Really you can't post a pic and a price?
Price and pics should be mandatory.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:52 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have bought tons of stuff off the swap shop at good deals for my boat that otherwise I would never have been able to have the high dollar headers and things that cost so much new. Some of us smaller guys would not have the power plants and all the goodies we have if it wasnt for the big guys selling us there used but very good usable parts to us. I think its awsome and I hope it never goes away.....

I do agree pics and prices make all the difference in the world.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by FogduckerIII
One of the things that I get frustrated with is these same people continuosly "ttt" these items that you have to weed through to get to new posts and items you are actually interested in.......again, just an observation......
+1 fricking million

It gets very annoying to keep the same "shiny spinny blower things" at the top every fricking day with a TTT. If it hasnt sold in the last 6 months, maybe your price is to high. Get realistic

rant off
Old 03-16-2012, 02:28 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with 100% FogduckerIII. I am a paying advertiser here and can not use the swap section. We have certain members (apache comes to mind) that are using the site selling large high $ items in large volume and are not even paying members. What makes it even worse these members don't even chat on the site they are just using it for profit.The reason most do not add pictures are they not paying members and are not able to add them. I think the swap section is a good tool for the members when used as it was intended but some members are abusing it and should be charged accordingly.

Maybe I should save my $ become a registered member and sell items for free all day but I have always been a paying member to help the site grow as I enjoy it here and benefit from its vast knowledge.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.