Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Registered
    My Boats:
    2000 Concept 30 SF w/twin 225 OptiMax

Merc K-Plane 280 Cylider question

I currently have Lenco HD Sport Tabs (not the cheesy ones that come on cruisers) on my Velocity 260. They are fairly large and have heavy duty electric screw actuators. I was thinking of picking up a set of 280 K-Planes without cyliders, and using the electric screw actuators if they fit. Can someone post the k-Plane cylinder length both compressed and extended? Or post the measurement from bottom of k-plane to where the top of cylider mounts as well as distance from transom plate to where the bottom of cylider mounts. Thank you in advance!!!
    Last edited by low_psi; 03-19-2012 at 04:13 PM.

Registered
    My Boats:
    TTT....

Still looking for measurements.........

Registered
    think you would be better off using the full K-Planes, electric actuators more than likely not intended for that surface area.

Registered
    My Boats:
    My current tabs are not the typical Lenco tabs.... The hd sport tabs are quite large and may actually have more surface area than a 280 k-plane... Since they are stainless steel, they are probably much heavier than k_plane.... This is a pic before I mounted... These are 14"X18" for a total surface area of 252" inches each.....
    Last edited by low_psi; 04-16-2012 at 10:14 PM.