Notices

Gauge swap

Old 03-30-2012, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauge swap

I am planning on updating my dash in the near future and was wondering what the compatibility of the new gauges ( Hardin, Livorsi) would be with the 1997 Faria factory stock gauges I have now in my Chris. I am thinking of a decent entry level package from one of the performance brands. All of mine work fine, but are pretty dated compared to the rest of the boat. Any tips? Thanks ----Rob
Old 03-30-2012, 10:25 AM
Registered

Here is the best place as of pricing for auto meter gauges

http://www.egauges.com/vdo_marM.asp
Old 03-30-2012, 11:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Greatlakestate
I am planning on updating my dash in the near future and was wondering what the compatibility of the new gauges ( Hardin, Livorsi) would be with the 1997 Faria factory stock gauges I have now in my Chris. I am thinking of a decent entry level package from one of the performance brands. All of mine work fine, but are pretty dated compared to the rest of the boat. Any tips? Thanks ----Rob
In the process of doing the exact same thing on my 98 Outlaw. Replacing all the factory gauges with new Livorsi and updating to GPS speedo. I ordered everything from Steve at Innotech. Great pricing and got them pretty quickly. He can also redo your dash panels if you so desire. I am doing those this fall. His # is 314-432-1900.

Also you'll need to wire all your gauges over to the 4 pin connectors which isnt that big of a deal.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:15 AM
Registered

VERY easy to do. I just switched out all my Farias with Livorsis. All you have to do is wire in the 4-pin plug and plug em in. Very simple and to the point. I also updated to GPS speedo. Best thing I ever did.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:44 AM
Registered

Cool, thanks.. Yeah, I was planning on doing the panels, too. Right now it has more of a " luxury" feel with the faux wood grain inserts, etc. Still is in perfect shape, I just want a more updated sport/ performance look. I gotta stay away from the ads on this site!!! Too many ideas, haha.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Redhook98
VERY easy to do. I just switched out all my Farias with Livorsis. All you have to do is wire in the 4-pin plug and plug em in. Very simple and to the point. I also updated to GPS speedo. Best thing I ever did.
If you don't mind me asking, what kind of $$$ do you have into the GPS Speedo?
Old 03-30-2012, 12:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TC G
If you don't mind me asking, what kind of $$$ do you have into the GPS Speedo?
I lucked out. I found brand new Livorsi Tach and Speedo GPS (without antenna) on CL for $200 shipped. They were the exact color and everything. I bought a Garmin 640 for the antenna function.

You can find them on Ebay for a good price. Sometimes..... I have seen them on Ebay for under $100 used (without antenna).