Notices

Help!!!

Old 04-14-2012, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Help!!!

installed imco add-on steering and i can't get the brazilian valve to seal, the small o-ring is in correct its the large one that seems to be the problem, i didn't see how it was in before i slide off the cylinder as it fell out of place as soon as i moved the cylinder, i can't get it tight enough to seal the small o-ring, almost like the large one is too thick? makes no sense to me and i really want to use the boat tomorrow, any help is much appreciated

steve
Old 04-15-2012, 09:15 AM
Registered

ok i've searched the internet for hours trying to find anything out but i'm at a loss, does anyone know the placement for the o-rings in this valve? it seams so easy i can't believe its giving me this much hassle
Old 04-15-2012, 12:41 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by blownhammer2000
ok i've searched the internet for hours trying to find anything out but i'm at a loss, does anyone know the placement for the o-rings in this valve? it seams so easy i can't believe its giving me this much hassle
Sorry i can't help you with this but i can give you a bump to the top . Someone here knows the answer . Sam
Old 04-16-2012, 09:33 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try calling cp performace and see if they can fax or email the install directions to you. They may be able to not real sure just something to try. I also just ordered a dual ram single bravo drive add on kit and will be installing myself hope it all goes well fingers crossed.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:28 PM
Registered

got it all squared away, called ron @ imco today, had the o ring installed wrong, make sure when you remove the cylinder the large o ring goes inside existing steering arm not around the brazil valve flange, you will notice a taper at the end which seals it up, install was a breeze other than this hicup, just measure everything 2-3 times before you start drilling holes, that was the hardest part for me putting all those holes in the transom, if you have any questions hit me up
Old 04-16-2012, 06:49 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts
Wink

I'm happy all is well Hammer !! I've been busy enlarging holes for new speakers , what a mess now , dust and chit everywhere . The Polks sound damn good without the subs and amp ......their next ....deep
Old 04-16-2012, 07:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by the deep
I'm happy all is well Hammer !! I've been busy enlarging holes for new speakers , what a mess now , dust and chit everywhere . The Polks sound damn good without the subs and amp ......their next ....deep
i'm still rockin the factory clarion setup, for now, thinkin next year adding some subs and an amp, i've heard alot of good things about those polk audio's, i'll prolly upgrade to those as well just not sure where to mount subs and amp, had a free air sub in the baja and it didn't really sound good, there's just nowhere to put a box in my boat, with it looking factory installed, its on the drawing board though