Tuning Mefi Lake Ozarks

Notices

Tuning Mefi Lake Ozarks

Old 04-19-2012, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning Mefi Lake Ozarks

Hello,

I just put Eddie Young 625EFIs in a 38 fountain. I need to get the Mefi 4 ECUs tuned. Is there anyone close to the lake that will come tune them for me?

I have been researching the Holly ECU that will self tune, dial its self in, and then you just take the O2 sensors out.

Any feed back would be help full.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am in Wichita, call if interested. I've had several request for LOTO

www.mefituning.com
Old 04-19-2012, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

if eddie did the engines then you need to fly eddie in and have him finish what he started..i wouldnt want just anyone tuneing my engines i just built..how would i warrenty them if something were to go wrong..
just saying..
Old 04-20-2012, 05:14 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

I assume you purchased the engines used. Usually, probably always, Eddie tunes them in the boat after the build. Call him and get him to tune them for you. Good guy who charges a fair price. It would be good also to have him look them over as he built them. He has clients there and may be headed that way soon. 615-216-7449.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:45 PM
Registered

these engines were purchased used. Eddie does not get to the lake often. I was looking for someone who is close. I may go with the Holly ECU that self tunes. I do not know how the motors got out of tune, they have not had anything done to them. They are both so rich it leaves black residue all over the back of the boat.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:57 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tunertech can come fix you up. He has done quite a few tunes over on LOTO. Give him a shout.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by Nmca_chevy
these engines were purchased used. Eddie does not get to the lake often. I was looking for someone who is close. I may go with the Holly ECU that self tunes. I do not know how the motors got out of tune, they have not had anything done to them. They are both so rich it leaves black residue all over the back of the boat.
pull the coolent temp sensors and wire wheel them to get good readings,,are their thermostats in the engines? they may be stuck open..
Old 04-21-2012, 02:19 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Although I don't get to the lake often, I would be more than happy to make a special trip to get it right. I'm curious to see why they are so rich. They have been through a few different hands over the 7 or 8 years since I built them. Regardless, I want them to run correctly. Let me know and I can schedule it in.
Thanks, Eddie
Old 04-21-2012, 05:50 PM
Registered

Eddie
These motors were used when I bought them and I know it is nothing to do with you why they are out of tune. I in no way want it to sound like I think it is any fault of yours.

I think I am going to switch to Holly EFI. I have been tuning my heads up drag radial car for years and the ability to tune my own engines is a must.

I will be getting a hold of you this fall. I want to freshen these and hopefully procharge them

thanks for responding

Originally Posted by Young Performance
Although I don't get to the lake often, I would be more than happy to make a special trip to get it right. I'm curious to see why they are so rich. They have been through a few different hands over the 7 or 8 years since I built them. Regardless, I want them to run correctly. Let me know and I can schedule it in.
Thanks, Eddie
Old 04-21-2012, 11:41 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Nmca_chevy
Eddie
These motors were used when I bought them and I know it is nothing to do with you why they are out of tune. I in no way want it to sound like I think it is any fault of yours.

I think I am going to switch to Holly EFI. I have been tuning my heads up drag radial car for years and the ability to tune my own engines is a must.

I will be getting a hold of you this fall. I want to freshen these and hopefully procharge them

thanks for responding
I know you didn't mean anything against me by your post. No problem hear buddy. I would just like to help if I can to get you running right. I don't want any engines of mine running poorly, no matter the circumstances. My point was that it could be anything since they have been around. Lord knows how many people have had their hands on them since they were built. I can't imagine that there is anything seriously wrong. I'm sure it's something simple.
If by some chance I get to the lake, I'll be sure to give you a shout. Talk soon.
Eddie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.