Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Registered
    My Boats:
    1997 24 Baja Outlaw

Questions about Gil dry exhaust

I have a project boat that came with Gil dry exhaust. One manifold was leaking out of the casting plugs - I tried to get the plugs welded with no luck, so now I need to either get a new set of Hardin Marine Gil replacements or maybe a completely new wet system from some other manufacturer. My questions. Do I have to worry about water comiing back up the tails from wakes and waves when I'm just floating? The exhaust did come with drew marine shotgun tips. I ask this because the exhaust has no internal flappers. Just wondering if I should go with eddie marine wet exhaust with exhaust tips that have flappers? The cost of a whole eddie marine wet system is less then the cost for the Hardin Marine Gil replacement manifolds without riser/tails. My motor is just a gen 6 454 425hp crate motor.

Registered
    My Boats:
    1990, Sutphen, 34 Outrageous
    Had Gils no good... The manifold failed. Research stainless marine...great product...great cust service...no problems after six years

Charter Member # 55 Charter Member Griff's Avatar
    My Boats:
    ............................... 32 Active Thunder
    The shotgun muffler tips should prevent any water from coming up the pipes.