fuel economy of twin 454's???

Notices

fuel economy of twin 454's???

Old 04-30-2012, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by JWoolever
Bravo 1 4 blade 26p 385hp MPI
Didn't you used to run mirages on your boat? If so, did you notice much of an improvement with the Bravos?
Old 04-30-2012, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by dereknkathy
you don't have to have to blow an engine. all you have to do is blow a fuse. would you rather be towed home? or drive back on one engine? goodbye.
i just knew you would not
Old 04-30-2012, 08:49 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by endeavour32
Didn't you used to run mirages on your boat? If so, did you notice much of an improvement with the Bravos?
Yea, I still have them.
The B1's launch up on plane faster and without having to be easy on the throttle, I can nail it wot from a dead stop and zero cavitation, the cruise speed is faster at the same rpm also, the only down side is I lost some top end speed, I might get them labbed which could help top end, but I really don't run wot very often so I haven't missed it.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:05 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

[QUOTE=JWoolever;3676246]I can nail it wot from a dead stop and zero cavitationQUOTE]

Old 05-01-2012, 08:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dereknkathy
lemme try this again. when you break one engine with a single you are-literally-up the creek without a paddle. if you have twins, you still get home WITHOUT paying seatow. and you notice i said WHEN not IF you break an engine. the price of a little extra fuel, and double maint is worth that little detail...
you should realize by now that simple direct logic and a rational intelligent approach will not make a dent in these type of discussions... think about it... fuel economy being introduced as a determinent as in what type of boat to own... that's an individual that you will never be able to explain anything to EVER
Old 05-01-2012, 11:40 PM
Registered

Im sorry that you think that me asking this question means im an individual that you cant explain anything to EVER, I beg to differ. And please dont confuse me with dereknkathy. It is a worthwhile question when im trying to buy a boat and am looking at twins vs singles in every aspect. Its not the only deciding factor but if I asked the question and every single person said twins use double the fuel then yes that is a big factor. Im sorry that this question moved from answers or opinions to dereknkathys comments to just bashing him or her or whatever to then putting me into the same group with him and saying i could never have anything explained to me. Sorry if stevesxm or others thought it was a bad question.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:02 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by ckcgobigblue
Im sorry that you think that me asking this question means im an individual that you cant explain anything to EVER, I beg to differ. And please dont confuse me with dereknkathy. It is a worthwhile question when im trying to buy a boat and am looking at twins vs singles in every aspect. Its not the only deciding factor but if I asked the question and every single person said twins use double the fuel then yes that is a big factor. Im sorry that this question moved from answers or opinions to dereknkathys comments to just bashing him or her or whatever to then putting me into the same group with him and saying i could never have anything explained to me. Sorry if stevesxm or others thought it was a bad question.
Its a legitimate question. Fountain lists fuel usage so obviously people ask the question. I'm running 4 blade props in order to increase my MPG and I know I'm not the only one.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ckcgobigblue
this wasn't about you, and nobody was grouping you with me. and it is a valid concern although the fuel usage is more similar than people would think. i was pointing out in a joking way that when one engine quits, with twins you aren't trying to paddle 5-6000 lbs of fiberglass home. some people completely misunderstood the point and started jumping all over me. funny thing is, all but one of them have twin engine boats.