Bearing Problems-BBC >

Bearing Problems-BBC

Notices

Bearing Problems-BBC

Old 05-16-2012, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by cubicinches
Do they consider that a custom bearing? It's in their catalog.
I have been emailing back and forth all day with King. She told me:

Ron,

We don’t even have this bearing available in the SI material and don’t have any current plans to produce it, but for your information, our SI material is actually the same as our HP material and it has the same strength to withstand high loads, etc. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Thanks,

Diana Walters
King Engine Bearings, Inc.
Subscribe to our eNewsletter! Click here
Phone: (973) 857-0705 Ext. 306
Fax: (973) 857-3228
[email protected]

I also sent her a PDF of her catalog.......getting quite frusterated. Also asked if they made that bearing in any other material.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 166 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Gimme Fuel
I have been emailing back and forth all day with King. She told me:

Ron,

We don’t even have this bearing available in the SI material and don’t have any current plans to produce it, but for your information, our SI material is actually the same as our HP material and it has the same strength to withstand high loads, etc. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Thanks,

Diana Walters
[email protected]

I also sent her a PDF of her catalog.......getting quite frusterated. Also asked if they made that bearing in any other material.
GF,

Are you talking about the MB7254SI ?

I have found that King's support really is not very good. The best thing to do is try to order the bearing or have a warehouse actually check to see if it is available. I will try to remember and have my PBM warehouse check on it in the morning.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BillK
GF,

Are you talking about the MB7254SI ?

I have found that King's support really is not very good. The best thing to do is try to order the bearing or have a warehouse actually check to see if it is available. I will try to remember and have my PBM warehouse check on it in the morning.
Yes, but it is MB5274SI.......You have little dyslexia there...haha. I tried calling a few king distributors yesterday...nobody had them...supposed to call me back...believe that when I see it.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:12 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

i think this block will make a good mooring anchor...you got it cheap. once you have custom bearings made it won't be cheap any more. then you hafta consider that you may need to freshen it up in 2 or 3 or 4 years...
Old 05-17-2012, 06:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Gimme Fuel
Yes, but it is MB5274SI.......You have little dyslexia there...haha. I tried calling a few king distributors yesterday...nobody had them...supposed to call me back...believe that when I see it.
Geeze I wasn't even drinking last night If I hear anything I will let you know also.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BillK
Geeze I wasn't even drinking last night If I hear anything I will let you know also.
I appreciate the help....Thank You!
Old 05-17-2012, 10:40 AM
Registered

Well, no luck here. My warehouse called them and they are not available. My only other thought would be to try calling a couple of the big rebuilders like Jasper, Grooms etc and see if they use them and possibly have a set available.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:12 AM
Registered

My last response from King. What constitutes enough demand to make a run of these bearings?

Ron,

I apologize, but we did have these available previously, and if we have enough demand we may produce it again, but at the moment there are no plans to produce it. That is why it has not been removed from our catalog. Unfortunately we do not have anything available right now. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Thanks,

Diana Walters
[email protected]
Old 05-17-2012, 01:56 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why wouldn't Clevite MS829H20 work? If I understand the issue you need all 5 main bearings .020" undersized, right? H bearings are for nascar.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CLE-MS829H20/
Old 05-17-2012, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Thunderstruck
Why wouldn't Clevite MS829H20 work? If I understand the issue you need all 5 main bearings .020" undersized, right? H bearings are for nascar.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CLE-MS829H20/
That's for a .020 undersize shaft diameter. His shaft is standard, but the bearing housing bores in the block are .020 oversize.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.