Hydraulic steering screaming >

Hydraulic steering screaming

Notices

Hydraulic steering screaming

Old 05-18-2012, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hydraulic steering screaming

Help!!!!!!! Installed a single ram full hydraulic system, bleed system and it feels silky smooth. As soon as it hits 2000rpm and higher, the pump screams like a cat being torn in half! Changed pump out thinkn it went bad during bleeding. New pump, same thing, screams! At 2000 I checked the fluid level in the added reservoir and it's wher it should be. Any ideas??? Can't see two pumps both screwed. I did drill the orfice out to 11/64 like everyone said, could that b it??
Please help....
Thnk u
Old 05-19-2012, 06:06 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Check to make sure you didn't kink your return line somewhere during install. Also, you could try pulling the filter element out of your filter for a short run. I would also verify that you got the piston and spring assembly installed in the correct orientation when you had the fitting out of the back. Sounds like it's dead heading the pump.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Found it! It was the orfice!!! Drilling it out was wrong, put a stock one in and problem solved.