Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Registered Gold Member
    My Boats:
    1990 28' PANTHER

need help with info on this boat

Hey I'm looking at a boat it's a 1990 28' Aero tech single engine with a speedmaster #5 drive k-plane tabs and duel hydraulic steering. anybody have an idea of what to expext with this boat? I live and boat the great lakes and would like to find a nice big wave boat I like the lines of this boat and would like to get as much feedback as I can so any input would be great thanks Dave

Registered Gold Member
    My Boats:
    1990 28' PANTHER
    Holy crap I just found a post from a few yrs back about these boats!! what a big O can of worms that is!!! the one I found is a 1990 it's 28' has a monster BBC DART engine supercharged and runs in the 95 +mph range the drive is a speedmaster #5 with velvet trans the guy says it drives very well at all speeds......

Platinum Member Platinum Member
    My Boats:
    1970 Wesco V-drive & 1974 CEE BEE Avenger jet boat
    if this is an Aero Tech built in Sarasota, FL. then you just answered your own question with the info you found. I cant recall the builders name (been a lot of years) but I lived there and a buddy worked for them. he had a habit of cutting some corners. things like running out of resin and buying what ever was really cheap to finish the boat even if it wasnt compatible. he was a real "rob peter to pay paul" type of guy. they were good looking but I never thought any would still be around after some of the construction techniques he tried.