Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Platinum Member Platinum Member

B&M 250 lower pulley installation

I need some experienced people with blower pulley installation.

I am in installation of the lower blower pulley and v grove blet pulley and i am in questioning on the center 1/2'' bolt that bolt into crankshaft to hol the balancer. That i need to have a longer 1/2'' x 4 1/2'' long center bolt to hold all the pulley, spacer and balancer together?
    Or just bolt the pulley with the 3 x 3/8'' bolt into the balancer and balancer bolt separate into crank ?

RgrGoog Platinum Member rgrgoog's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1997 29 Fountain Fever, Twin Supercharged 509s
    I am no expert but this attachment may help you.
    1997 29 Fountain Fever with twin Supercharged 509s

My Boats:
    Scarab Viper 31
    Install the longer 1/2 " ( grade 8 ) bolt . With the correct spacer it is not possible to do it any other way .

Quote Originally Posted by 737jetmech View Post
    Install the longer 1/2 " ( grade 8 ) bolt . With the correct spacer it is not possible to do it any other way .
    Thanks

VIP Member VIP Member MILD THUNDER's Avatar
    My Boats:
    38 Fountain
    Mine used a standard balancer bolt, with the large washer. Then, the accesory pulley goes on, spacer, drive pulley, then install the 3 long 3/8" bolts that hold all that to the balancer. In other words, the balancer goes on first and is torqued down. Then everything else gets bolted on

Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post
    Mine used a standard balancer bolt, with the large washer. Then, the accesory pulley goes on, spacer, drive pulley, then install the 3 long 3/8" bolts that hold all that to the balancer. In other words, the balancer goes on first and is torqued down. Then everything else gets bolted on
    Ok, the 3 long 3/8 (grade 8) bolt is enought strong to hold all the pulley on the balancer?

VIP Member VIP Member MILD THUNDER's Avatar
    My Boats:
    38 Fountain
    Quote Originally Posted by supermx96 View Post
    Ok, the 3 long 3/8 (grade 8) bolt is enought strong to hold all the pulley on the balancer?
    Worked for me.

Registered
    My Boats:
    WARLOCK EURO24
    Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post
    Worked for me.
    Above post are correct. I have a 250 blower and ended up coming across a 420 lower pulley set up that bolts up a little different. I liked the 420 lower pulley mounting style more than the 250 style so that's why I went the direction I did. The 420 lower pulley is a tad bit smaller than the 250 so I will loose a little boost from it but it shouldn't be a whole lot.