Trim gauge / senders.... >

Trim gauge / senders....

Notices

Trim gauge / senders....

Old 05-23-2012, 11:30 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

I can't answer your question, but i will add.....

My current and previous boat did not have a "trailer" button, or a functioning limiter like low_psi is describing. Never had any problems.

I would install a mechanical indicator and call it done. Personally, I don't like electric drive or tab indicators.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by low_psi
Ok, so let's say I have a functioning limit switch the prevents the drive from coming up past a certain point. With only the trim up switch on my throttle, how would I get the drive into the full up/trailer position? There is no trailer up/down switch...
you would have to add the switch. i'm pretty surprised it doesnt have one? is it a bravo drive?? my bravo 1 manual spells right out in the manual how far the trim cylinders are to be extended when the limit switch stops the drive from going up any more without using the trailer button.

FWIW on my boat its not called a trailer button, i have one "tilt" and one "trim" so to go all the way up you need to move both buttons up at the same time as the trim only lets it go so far up till the switch hits
Old 05-23-2012, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is a bravo drive and none of the Velocity 260s that I look at had a trailer switch.... That is kind of what I was getting at in my precious statements. I know what the limit switch was for.... I have never had an issue. When the gauge was working. Bot now without a gauge I am having to spend too much time listening to the motor, watching the gps, and turning around to see the height of the rooster tail. So I think all will be fine once I address the gauge sender.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:27 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It was just a matter of pulling the starbord sensor off and turning it a bit. I guess I must have spun it around a bit when I was refinishing the drive.... I wish all repairs/fixes were this easy