Fuel additive what's good. Startron fuel additive >

Fuel additive what's good. Startron fuel additive

Notices

Fuel additive what's good. Startron fuel additive

Old 05-23-2012, 06:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel additive what's good. Startron fuel additive

So what is everyone using as an additive. To help with the ehonol .I read on here that everyone is using starton made by starbrite. Is that still good or is there something else.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:31 PM
Registered

I just used some startron on my fourwheeler yesterday, I have not ran it in two years and the carb was all gumed up, Startron got me up and going. Good stuff.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:32 AM
Registered

Seafoam is good stuff too.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:55 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

Startron in every fill up for regular use.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:35 AM
Registered

Startron with every fill-up.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:16 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by rfgonzo
I just used some startron on my fourwheeler yesterday, I have not ran it in two years and the carb was all gumed up, Startron got me up and going. Good stuff.
I'd be careful about crediting any "stabilizer" product with getting you running again. These products are intended to prevent the fuel from going bad. None of them can bring fuel back to its original condition.

BTW, I run Startron all the time.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Valvtect is what my dealer recommended. One bottle is good for 120-160 gallons. Adds about $10 to each fill up. He suggested it be used year around not just for storage.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Too Stroked
I'd be careful about crediting any "stabilizer" product with getting you running again. These products are intended to prevent the fuel from going bad. None of them can bring fuel back to its original condition.

BTW, I run Startron all the time.
I dumped the old fuel and added Startron to the new fuel and let it eat all the crap in my carb.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:18 AM
Registered

Yeah I have not heard very good things about sea foam other than for winter starage. I think I am going to start running the startron
Old 06-17-2012, 05:17 PM
Registered

Default Ethanol Fuel Treatment

We have done testing on numerous gasoline additives that claim to reduce or eliminate the problems associated with using E-10 (Gasoline blended with up to 10% Ethanol). The biggest problem with E-10 Fuel is the possibility of Phase Separation. E-10 fuel is actually very good at attracting and holding moisture until the point of saturation. Once this is reached the moisture (water) will fall out of the gasoline taking about 60% of the ethanol with it to the bottom of the gas tank. This causes two problems, one you now have a puddle of water and ethanol at the bottom of your tank (that will not run your engine), and two the ethanol that has dropped out of the fuel has lowered the octane rating of the remaining fuel (so if you burn what is left it can damage your engine). Most modern cars and trucks are designed with closed fuel systems so the E-10 fuel has no where to pull moisture from. Older cars, recreational vehicles (boats, motorcycles) and small engines (lawn mower, weed eaters, chain saws) have vented fuel tanks that allow the E-10 fuel to continually pull moisture from the air that is entering and leaving the tank due to temperature changes or changes in the level of fuel in the tank.
The best additive I have found to date is Ethanol Medic made by Fuel Medics. This product uses a unique technology that creates a chemical reaction separating hydrogen from oxygen, binding the hydrogen atom of H2o to the hydrogen atom of the hydrocarbon chain of fuel (hydrogen polar bonding) eliminating the water that will cause phase separation. The other products we tested either did not work or took much larger quantities to get the same results. At the retail selling price of $24.95 per 32oz bottle it cost less then .05 cents per gallon to treat your fuel. Some of the products we tested were as high as .43 cents per gallon and did not give as good of a result.