blown 502 video >

blown 502 video

Notices

blown 502 video

Old 06-12-2012, 01:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blown 502 video

Got the 502 I've been building this winter running today. A couple bugs to work out like an oil leak, etc... but here's a short video of it right after I fired it up.

http://youtu.be/aNDJdsF8rqs
Old 06-12-2012, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sweet!!
Old 06-12-2012, 09:41 PM
Registered

Holy Fudge! Digging the Dominator on that baby!
Old 06-13-2012, 02:33 AM
Registered

Thank you! It's been a long journey to get it to this point but it's been fun! The carb was gone through by Nickerson. Hope to have it in the water for a test run in a little less then 2 weeks. There's a couple bugs I have to work out. It's got an oil leak coming from the front of the motor and the water in the port manifold sounds like it's boiling and there's steam coming from the port tip when I shut it off....strange thing is that my water temp stayed right around 180°. My 454 never did this when on the hose so I don't know what to make of it yet. I didn't get a chance to look at it today so hopefully I'll get to it next Sunday. I'm hoping it's as simple as a timing issue (timing to retarded). It's currently timed @ 10°/28°....or at least that's what I believe I timed it to. If I back the timing off at all right now (from where it's set it starts to idle like poo. Advancing smooths the idle out.