head gasket/condensation or I'm gonna hang myself >

head gasket/condensation or I'm gonna hang myself

Notices

head gasket/condensation or I'm gonna hang myself

Old 06-21-2012, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default head gasket/condensation or I'm gonna hang myself

Ongoing issue, bought a re- freshed 522 & put it in the ole pq....couple of minor bugs to sort out then all good-or sorta except for this lil milkshake. Thought it was a faulty oil cooler so bought another, to ensure the engine wasn't the issue we by passed cooler and all appeared ok, install cooler and off we go. Milky oil presists and in the off season bought this 212 degree remote oil thermo-mechanic plumbs it all and fingers crossed -good to go.
If its a head gasket would it react the same as a car/bike what ever and would it be visisble in the exhaust=white smoke. Can a leak down be performed with out closed cooling.

Our thoughts were that the cooler was acting so efficiently that we cool oil running through a motor that was at 170.

Some more info on engine/setup. I've got stainless marine exhaust, fresh water use only
Engine specs as given to me by seller
522 4.560" x 4.00"
Crane cam h-240-329-2-14
Bowtie 4blt block
J e pistons
Forged frank
Forged 7/16 rods
188 heads -ported
Crane rocker arms
Msd ignition
Holley induction

Would/could it be reversion

Happy haulin ace

Last edited by paintman; 06-21-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes you can pressure test the engine. Drain all the water, fabricate some block-off plates for the thermostat outlet, and 2 for the block inlets, on the thermostat plate drill and tap it for a 1/8 npt and buy a air tank valve and install it in the plate, do the same for 1 of the other plates and install a gauge to read the pressure. You will have to use gaskets of course. Put about 30 psi of air in it and check for leaks or if the gauge just drops in pressure.