full hyd hoses failing >

full hyd hoses failing

Notices

full hyd hoses failing

Old 06-23-2012, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default full hyd hoses failing

ok, he deal, working on a boat, installed a hardin marine inside hyd kit, used the tool to make the lines per them...have not been used 1 hour, three lines have blown out of the ends....now they are breaking about 3/4" from the end of the hose, otherwise leaving about that amount inside the fitting...so took the 1st one to hyd hose shop...he recut and tried to press a new fitting on....hose just mushroomed at the end...had him make a new one with his hose...worked fine...we even changed to the new hardin special made P/S pump just in case...well just blew #3 today...customer is losing it !!! hose co says that the hose is junk the way it's acting ??? just wondering if anybody has run into such a deal...**** hitting the fan here....hose in question was what they included with their kit...thanks
Old 06-24-2012, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Just had a line blow on me today man. Pressure output busted right at the banjo fitting. Pulled right out of the fitting, left the outter rubber layer in the fitting and took it right down to the stainless.

I think it's an issue with installing the hose ends. The problem I found was no matter what type of lube (I used wd-40 and syn motor oil) I could not keep the hose from spinning in the cap assembly while I was screwing in the tube end. When the hose is spinning it's actually turning the hose tighter into the cap and stripping the rubber.

The particular line that blew out on mine I knew had spun alot on me while assembling. I had made this line twice as I wanted to see if there was any damage when this was going on. What I saw was that it was stripping the outter rubber off just like what happened today. So apparently my last attempt at making that hose failed as well.

I'm not sure what to do, as the banjo fitting is a different size and flare compared to the rest. I had talked to Mike at CP and told him my troubles with these lines spinning in the fitting, he said that I should be assimbling with hose assembly lube, not wd-40 or whatever. Not sure if it will make the difference or not.

Maybe CP can make up a couple of lines and send them out if they can make a fitting end that will not pop off..........
Old 06-24-2012, 11:15 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by cloudmaster_321
Just had a line blow on me today man. Pressure output busted right at the banjo fitting. Pulled right out of the fitting, left the outter rubber layer in the fitting and took it right down to the stainless.

I think it's an issue with installing the hose ends. The problem I found was no matter what type of lube (I used wd-40 and syn motor oil) I could not keep the hose from spinning in the cap assembly while I was screwing in the tube end. When the hose is spinning it's actually turning the hose tighter into the cap and stripping the rubber.

The particular line that blew out on mine I knew had spun alot on me while assembling. I had made this line twice as I wanted to see if there was any damage when this was going on. What I saw was that it was stripping the outter rubber off just like what happened today. So apparently my last attempt at making that hose failed as well.

I'm not sure what to do, as the banjo fitting is a different size and flare compared to the rest. I had talked to Mike at CP and told him my troubles with these lines spinning in the fitting, he said that I should be assimbling with hose assembly lube, not wd-40 or whatever. Not sure if it will make the difference or not.

Maybe CP can make up a couple of lines and send them out if they can make a fitting end that will not pop off..........
It has been my experience that WD-40 will soften and eat the rubber , put it in your air tools and see what happens . Use hydraulic oil for lube when assembling fittings .
Old 06-25-2012, 05:58 AM
Registered

sounds exactly whats going with the..now 3 have done it all different ones, I used atf when putting them together...looks to me the hose is coming apart right down to the braided...now mine was not spinning..I marked the hose so could make sure hose was not being pushed out when inserting the nut end...going to pull all them back off today...and will be talking to CP as well...this is crap..
Old 06-25-2012, 07:11 AM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by ezstriper
ok, he deal, working on a boat, installed a hardin marine inside hyd kit, used the tool to make the lines per them...have not been used 1 hour, three lines have blown out of the ends....now they are breaking about 3/4" from the end of the hose, otherwise leaving about that amount inside the fitting...so took the 1st one to hyd hose shop...he recut and tried to press a new fitting on....hose just mushroomed at the end...had him make a new one with his hose...worked fine...we even changed to the new hardin special made P/S pump just in case...well just blew #3 today...customer is losing it !!! hose co says that the hose is junk the way it's acting ??? just wondering if anybody has run into such a deal...**** hitting the fan here....hose in question was what they included with their kit...thanks
I used a counter sink bit and counter sunk the end of the hose and that seemed to work pretty well. The bit was 37 degrees.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:26 AM
Registered

I used the correct tool when I did these....
Old 06-25-2012, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

I had the same problem with the hose spinning in the fitting. When i champhered the end of the hose the fittings went on fine. Also you can screw the outer fitting on too tight and it makes it verry hard to assemble.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:52 PM
Registered

Well i'm not F'in around with supposed fixes to these fittings. I'm having all new lines made with crimp on fittings. I almost had an Indian Jones moment with a dam yesterday because of this crap. Not doing in again.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:07 PM
Registered

amen brother !!!!! doing the same here...CP is taking all the hose and fittings back....pulling them all off today....seems the hose they got is garbage !!! talked to 3 hyd people now who said the same thing...and now I'm not the only one....something is up....maybe some outsourced chinese crap !!!
Old 06-25-2012, 01:19 PM
Registered

Have you talked to Mike about this? Did he say he was going to reimburse at all?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.