Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Elevator Boat lifts??  16k and 20K... are they any good??? >

Elevator Boat lifts?? 16k and 20K... are they any good???

Notices

Elevator Boat lifts?? 16k and 20K... are they any good???

Old 06-27-2012, 10:05 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Elevator Boat lifts?? 16k and 20K... are they any good???

Hello guys... well... the permitting division is giving me #$$%@ about my new boat lift permit.... so I may need to go with an elevator boat lift. I have a 47 Fountain twin step...

What are your thoughts guys??? I have never seen one work and I have never seen a 10 year old elevator lift either. Not saying anything bad about these lifts at all... but Id really like to year from the Offshore Army to hear what others have experienced.

Also, from what I can tell... the price is significantly higher then a regular cradle lift of the same weight rating. Is this true? Who makes the best lift out there for an economical figure?

Any info is appreciated... Thanks in advance!!
Old 06-27-2012, 10:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could you use an "Airdock"? They aren't permanant, so, your permit guys might be a little more accomodating? Sorry, haven't heard much about the elevator lifts, except the are PRICEY, as you already know ]-:

Michael
Old 06-27-2012, 10:52 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by n20michael
Could you use an "Airdock"? They aren't permanant, so, your permit guys might be a little more accomodating? Sorry, haven't heard much about the elevator lifts, except the are PRICEY, as you already know ]-:

Michael
I really cant... the water isn't that deep... not enough for an air dock at least. Thank you