Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Water getting in my crank case... am I doomed??? >

Water getting in my crank case... am I doomed???

Notices

Water getting in my crank case... am I doomed???

Old 06-30-2012, 01:05 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

orig cast iron intake? replace it. replace the heads too. they are both more likely culprits than the block. and you need them for next motor anyway...
Old 07-09-2012, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a quick follow up for those that may come across the same problem... I pulled the intake manifold (lower) and sent it out to be boiled and blasted and checked for cracks... Shop said all good. Told me I may need to replace in a few years but I hope to have new power by then anyway. I put it all back together with new gaskets and sucked out all the old oil and replaced. At first it was still milky (leftover residue) but after running on a hose for 15 min. i pulled the dipstick and CRYSTYL CLEAR!!!! Of course after moving stuff around upon removal I now have a leak in my fuel rail but thats a whole other issue due to corrosion. Ordered a new rail and I should be all good by weekend.

Thanks to all who helped... really appreciate it!