Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Fuel issues? Please help going crazy >

Fuel issues? Please help going crazy

Notices

Fuel issues? Please help going crazy

Old 07-01-2012, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The plugs all looked the same, but little wet... Are you leaning more towards it being an injector over the pump?? Also to remove the pump do you have to remove the motor mount or how does that process go? I'm pretty good with cars I build LS stuff all day but these boats are a diff world and a work of art to get parts located
Old 07-01-2012, 01:56 PM
Registered

The oil is fresh and deff has a fuel smell so that would most likely be clogged injector or rail correct?
Old 07-01-2012, 03:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Sounds like you have 1 or more injectors stuck open. The pump & regulator sound ok. You will have to pull the plenum to get at the injectors, you might try to flush the injectors before you pull things apart but thats iffy, Better to find the root cause instead of a bandaid & make sure you change the oil again. You should be able to match injectos with gm units if needed I would still change out fuel if it smells bad. Best of luck to your new project & hope you get things fixed in time to play this 4th let us know what you find. Randy
Old 07-01-2012, 03:48 PM
Registered

I pulled the intake, one body was breaking and another body broke on re installation so does anyone have the part number or GM number of the injectors I'll just replace all 8... And a part number for intake gaskets.... So tired of "projects" I have a race car that I get to work on enough as it is! I just want to USE the boat not work on it!!
Old 07-01-2012, 04:29 PM
Registered

What can I do to the fuel system if anything to prevent damage to the new injectors sense most likely this issue was most likely due to breaking lose or junk in the system? I don't have time or the place to get them tested so I'm just going to replace all 8 with a rebuilt set or is it a must to buy brand new? Do you think that this is all I have to worry about per the situation I've given you of what the boat is/has been doing?
Old 07-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

If you flush the fuel rails, run fresh fuel, & a clean filter theres not much more you can do. Sounds like you have the basics covered hope you get it running in time to enjoy the 4th. Randy
Old 07-01-2012, 09:00 PM
Registered

So you think I need to drain all 60-70 gallons of fuel that's in the tank?? Also is the pickup under the large screwed down cover that also has the seats mounted to it??
Old 07-02-2012, 09:51 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Default What do (YOU) think?

Originally Posted by Martin718
What can I do to the fuel system if anything to prevent damage to the new injectors sense most likely this issue was most likely due to breaking lose or junk in the system? I don't have time or the place to get them tested so I'm just going to replace all 8 with a rebuilt set or is it a must to buy brand new? Do you think that this is all I have to worry about per the situation I've given you of what the boat is/has been doing?
If your having fuel problems like this & the fuel smells bad to you, what do YOU think? A tank of fuel is a drop in the bucket if it keeps from breaking down on the water with a loaded boat. The fuel sender should be under the big screw down cap if your thinking of taking the sender out & siphoning the fuel out just be careful to clean any spills, shut power off so no sparks or open flames & do it in a well vented area. Randy
Old 07-02-2012, 10:10 AM
Registered

Default Stripping fuel tank

If you have a jabsco electric pump you can disconnect your fuel line where it goes into the seperator filter and hook up you pump there and suck out the fuel that way or top off your tank with 93 octane(no ethanol) and a couple of cans of octane booster and it should stabalize your fuel enough to run your engine with out any issues.Did you change the small canister filter that s mounted on the back of your intake that goes directly to the fuel rail/injectors?
Old 07-02-2012, 10:16 AM
Registered

I understand what your saying, it doesn't smell bad really at all but it also has a lot of sea foam in it. And that cap just gives me access to the fill line and vent line not the pickup.
I overnight ordered 8 new injectors from my buddies at fuel injector connection they hooked me up at 644 shipped!
I am hoping this solves the issues! After talking to the injector guys it sounds as if this is a seriously common problem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.