No power anywhere, even with jumper cables >

No power anywhere, even with jumper cables

Notices

No power anywhere, even with jumper cables

Old 07-06-2012, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No power anywhere, even with jumper cables

My buddy has a 99 Baja, been on a lift for a week, normally no problem. Goes to start it, nothing. Ignition on gets power to 1 gauge, I think the trim gauge. When key is turned to try to start the boat, the gauge needle will flicker, orthwise nothing, no warning beep or fuel pump either, even horn won't work. Hook up jumper cables to posts next to battery switch, still a no go...wierd. I would think if there was any power at all the horn would at least work, but no...ideas? Worst of all with no power can't open hatch. Help greatly appreciated!
Old 07-06-2012, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

most hatches can be pulled off of the lift ram when this happens. give that a try. then the grounds and big red circuit breaker that kills the whole boat. worst case, you hafta find wiring under dash for hatch lifter and jump right to there...
Old 07-06-2012, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll give that a go. Should mention the main fuse blew without time to replace it (starter fuse) so we wired terminals directly to starter.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:20 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

You can get the hatch open by running a 12 volt power wire from a jump box or good battery to the back of the switch.