small block prop/carb testing

Notices

small block prop/carb testing

Old 07-09-2012, 11:18 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sprink58
Great stuff...we have talked online before. Question...do you know what your boat weighs?

Dry weight is supposed to be 2500 lbs with a small block and alpha. I put it on the scales last year at my buddy's scrap yard. Boat, motor trailer came in just under 4000 lbs with a half tank of gas and 5 qts of oil in the motor plus all the water in the engine cooling system. Haven't weighed the trailer by itself but it's a tandem axle Oklahoma made from tube steel. I'd guess it is somewhere around 1300-1500 lbs.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 87MagnumII
Dry weight is supposed to be 2500 lbs with a small block and alpha. I put it on the scales last year at my buddy's scrap yard. Boat, motor trailer came in just under 4000 lbs with a half tank of gas and 5 qts of oil in the motor plus all the water in the engine cooling system. Haven't weighed the trailer by itself but it's a tandem axle Oklahoma made from tube steel. I'd guess it is somewhere around 1300-1500 lbs.
I'm going to guess you are at around 3000# in the water...about half of what mine weighs.