525 EFI Injector Removal Tips??

Notices

525 EFI Injector Removal Tips??

Old 07-15-2012, 01:11 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by raytart
i just did an internet search on this topic of ultrasonic injector cleaning, i want to have this done now. There are a few videos of the process and you would not believe the before and after.
+1.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sent mine to RC Injection a couple yrs ago and they were able to bring 3 of the 8 back to life. Been thinking of getting them done once again just for piece of mind.

http://www.rceng.com/
Old 07-16-2012, 10:48 PM
Registered

My appologies for getting this thread off track. How do you remove the injectors was the premise of the thread.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:53 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by raytart
My appologies for getting this thread off track. How do you remove the injectors was the premise of the thread.
LOL, there was a lot of information offered up.
So how do I pull the injectors??
Old 07-17-2012, 08:43 AM
Registered

pulling the injectors is fairly easy. Pull the plenum off the intake, then you have access the the fuel rail. You may have to remove some sensor wires and a small possibility of pulling the harness, but I think it can stay. Pull the fuel line off the rail and then the mounting bolts. The fuel rail just lifts off and sometimes the injectors will pull up with the rail. They are stuck on pretty good, but just be gental and pry up on the rail, giggle it back and forth. As far as tips! clean clean clean. Make sure the fuel rail is super clean before installing the newly cleaned injectors. Also make sure to keep anything from falling into the injector holes on the intake.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:30 PM
Registered

Any suggestions as to what cleans the fuel rail the best?
Old 07-17-2012, 03:01 PM
Registered

Automotive solvent or mineral spirits and air, but yours should be clean when you take it off and you just need to keep it that way. Anything that gets in there will just plug up your newly cleaned injectors. Reading your problem description, cleaning these may not fix your problem either as many things could bring down your power, but at least you would know these are ok. I would probably do a leak down test and pull the valve covers to check the vavle springs since you looking for a problem.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:02 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 28Eliminator
pulling the injectors is fairly easy. Pull the plenum off the intake, then you have access the the fuel rail. You may have to remove some sensor wires and a small possibility of pulling the harness, but I think it can stay. Pull the fuel line off the rail and then the mounting bolts. The fuel rail just lifts off and sometimes the injectors will pull up with the rail. They are stuck on pretty good, but just be gental and pry up on the rail, giggle it back and forth. As far as tips! clean clean clean. Make sure the fuel rail is super clean before installing the newly cleaned injectors. Also make sure to keep anything from falling into the injector holes on the intake.
Thanks for the info, sounds very straight forward!!
Old 07-17-2012, 03:08 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 28Eliminator
Automotive solvent or mineral spirits and air, but yours should be clean when you take it off and you just need to keep it that way. Anything that gets in there will just plug up your newly cleaned injectors. Reading your problem description, cleaning these may not fix your problem either as many things could bring down your power, but at least you would know these are ok. I would probably do a leak down test and pull the valve covers to check the vavle springs since you looking for a problem.
I was thinking of pulling the valve covers next and doing an inspection of the springs, I have a friend that thinks one might be broke.
Are the gaskets reusable??
Old 07-17-2012, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if you are removing the rail completely, dis-assemble it completely and throw it in the dishware right next to the fine china. If the wife wont have it, a bucket of hot, soapy water with a small bore bottle bush... I think you get the picture. Rinse throughly and repeat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.