Notices

525 EFI Injector Removal Tips??

Old 07-12-2012, 09:44 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 525 EFI Injector Removal Tips??

Hi guys,

I want to pull the injectors out of my 525EFI and send them out for cleaning/ servicing.

Since this will be the first time I do this type of work is there any tips or precautions I should be aware of?

If anyone can offer up a step by step this would be great!

Thanks in advance,

Mike
Old 07-12-2012, 05:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why such an extreme approach? If you suspect dirty injectors, why don't you try running tectron fuel injector cleaner in your gas for a few tanks?
Old 07-12-2012, 09:06 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I thought about that approach and added a couple of cans of sea foam to my last tank of fuel, but wasn't sure if that would do the trick.
I could keep adding the injector cleaner and see what comes of it..
Old 07-12-2012, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What kind of problems are you having? Possible water in gas? Drain your water/fuel separator into a clear container and see if you have water in fuel. Also change your inline fuel filter.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:04 AM
Registered

Received 110 Likes on 82 Posts

While it might seem extreme to pull the injectors, if you have a lot of hours on the motor it might be worth it. There's nothing better than seeing the before and after cleaning flow results along with injector spray pattern characteristics. Most injector cleaning services provide this. Running Techron, Sea Foam, BG44 etc. are all great, but they don't provide the hard baseline data.

Having an injector go bad, lean out or develop a poor spray pattern can wreak havoc in relatively short order. Mine dropped a valve seat as a result and did all sorts of damage due to a poorly performing injector.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:52 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i have an o.t.c. fuel injector cleaning kit,,,,it is used by pro,s to clean injectors on cars,,,,why woundnt something like this work,,,its uses the schrader valve on the fuel rail,,,and you use an air hose to pressurize it to 40 psi,,, basically its a mini fuel tank,,,with the cleaner as fuel,,and air hose as fuel pump to get it to 40 psi,,,only other thing is you have to plug or pinch off the fuel return line,,you buy the cleaner in cans as needed,,
Old 07-13-2012, 05:59 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

http://www.tooltopia.com/otc-tools-7649.aspx
Old 07-13-2012, 06:56 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by raytart
What kind of problems are you having? Possible water in gas? Drain your water/fuel separator into a clear container and see if you have water in fuel. Also change your inline fuel filter.
I did change out the water/ fuel seperator and poured it into a clear jar, I could not find any debris, dirt or water.
I did do the high pressure filters (inline) last year. They have only 30 hours on them.
The issue started at the very beginning of the season, both engines down on rpm.
Did a scan, cleared all codes, and had 100% available power.
As soon as I changed the water/ fuel seperator filter one engine is running perfect at wot at 5200+ rpm, the other is still down.
Perhaps as suggested it would be wise to change out the inline filters first.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:58 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Trash
While it might seem extreme to pull the injectors, if you have a lot of hours on the motor it might be worth it. There's nothing better than seeing the before and after cleaning flow results along with injector spray pattern characteristics. Most injector cleaning services provide this. Running Techron, Sea Foam, BG44 etc. are all great, but they don't provide the hard baseline data.

Having an injector go bad, lean out or develop a poor spray pattern can wreak havoc in relatively short order. Mine dropped a valve seat as a result and did all sorts of damage due to a poorly performing injector.
The engines have around 260 hours now and thats wahat I was thinking....being more proactive and doing this preventative maintenance.
If I get them cleaned, then I know there cleaned.
The following users liked this post:
JanTore (02-18-2023)
Old 07-13-2012, 07:04 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by TWIN-SPINS
Seems like a good tool to have.

Just need the brains to use it..lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.