Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
O₂ Readings: Naturally vs. Super Charged >

O₂ Readings: Naturally vs. Super Charged

Notices

O₂ Readings: Naturally vs. Super Charged

Old 07-18-2012, 05:06 PM
Registered

Received 110 Likes on 82 Posts

Do you really get a cylinder to cylinder or bank to bank difference in AFR with a port injected EFI motor?

It would seem that each injector, with the same BPW, off the same sized/length runner would have a nearly identical AFR.

I can see that with a carb or TBI setup or just spraying fuel into a large plenum but not with port injection.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Whipple Charged
But if its a stock motor, stock pistons, we would go to 11.6 to 11.8:1. Cast iron needs to be .5 or more richer at WOT, same for idle and cruising.
To be clear, you're saying stock or near stock with iron heads 11.0-11.2 at WOT?
Old 07-18-2012, 06:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting conversation, so on my 502mpi with aluminum heads and a side mount whipple at 6lbs of boost, my wide band says 10.5 WOT. From what is being stated I am to rich. Should I put the next size smaller pulley on and check it then to lean it out some to try and get to 11.6 - 11.8 AFR? Or try to lower the fuel pressure to lean it some?
Old 07-21-2012, 12:38 PM
artselectricinc.com
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Has anyone put a wide band on a bone stock set up of say a 502 efi? What were the numbers?