500 efi fuel rail pressure

Notices

500 efi fuel rail pressure

Old 07-16-2012, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 500 efi fuel rail pressure

hey guys,

Does anybody know know what normal fuel rail pressure would be on a 500efi hp, with the coil wire removed, cranking the motor out of the water with no fire?

I'm getting 10-12 psi on my gauge. The reason I'm asking is my fuel system is not pumping enough gas to the engine at idle and throttle back trolling. I thought I had found the problem with the original mechanical fuel pump not pumping gas out the top when cranking the motor. Replaced that, and still had the same condition.

Thinking that I had more issies back towards the tank, I was told to look for an anti siphon valve and see what that looked like. Tonight I tore into that, and found that there is no screen, or anti siphon valve on the top side of the gas tank. At this point I have no other ideas.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like your hi psi fuel pump or your regulator ,fuel psi shuld be 40-42 psi at fuel rail.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by protechcoat
sounds like your hi psi fuel pump or your regulator ,fuel psi shuld be 40-42 psi at fuel rail.
+1
You could run a line directly to a gas can, but the pressure should be around 40psi regardless. If you can plug or sqeeze the return line and the pressure goes up past 50 then the fuel pressure regulator is your problem.