ran the new combo yesterday.... >

ran the new combo yesterday....

Notices

ran the new combo yesterday....

Old 07-17-2012, 01:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ran the new combo yesterday....

During the winter I built a 516 cu.in. bbc with a b&m 250 blower, ported merlin grumpy Jenkins heads, rm builder hyd. roller cam, Nickerson Dominator, Msd ignition, Stainless Marine exhaust, etc...

The boat this motor is in is an 89 Warlock Euro24. I opened it up yesterday finally and ran it full out. It ran 81.4 on gps @ 6200rpm with the labbed Bblades bravo1 that I used last year on my mild 454 (74.9mph @ 5450rpm). The new combo is easily using every bit of this prop so I think I'm gonna upgrade to a bravo1 26p and change the upper blower pulley from the 3.65 to a 3.00 inch pulley so I can get a little more boost out of it. At full throttle I was seeing just over 4 pounds of boost with the current pulley.

I've read and been told this boat gets real sketchy (chine walking) in the high 80's so it looks like I'm going to have to make some changes to the boat because I'm getting close to hitting those numbers with this new
motor! I absolutely need to put hyd. steering on this boat ASAP at this point so that is next on the list! I know that I'm on borrowed time running the boat as hard as I did yesterday with out it....so it's a priority and until it's installed I'm going to have to take it easy!!! I'm thinking that longer trim tabs would also be something to possibly look at. Anyone that's had experience with chine walking and what they did to make it go away....your input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited by mustangmark; 07-17-2012 at 01:21 AM.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

I had it in my Velocity, changed the prop and added a nose cone, as long as I have enough trim it runs super smooth. I had a Hydro-Motive 4 blade QIV and switched to a Bravo 1.