Is the mph correct for specs??

Old 07-23-2012, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I heard the bravo one is good to 700hp
Old 07-23-2012, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At 700HP for about 10 seconds. Even an XR isn't designed for that. If you baby it, then it might last a little while.

So in a word
No
Old 07-23-2012, 10:33 AM
Registered

Well none the less at 5PSI it should only be around 615-660 CRANK hp
So I'd say 600 or less at prob
Old 07-23-2012, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin718
Looking into the pro charger M-1 kit, says I should gain some good numbers on mph and safe at 5psi on a stock motor. If it'll get me 75 I'd be happy. It claims up to 81mph so we will see I guess
FYI it will be more than just bolting this on. The proper way is new lines form the tank, areomotive fuel system with boost referenced regulator, uopgraded oil cooler, cooler thermo and a custom ECU burn. I have a friend with the 7.4l mpi and procharger, it has all of the above and went many years with no issues. Last year it got warm and pretty much trashed all the internals, he did a full rebuild using forged parts vs. the cast stock. Things go bad fast under boost when something goes wrong, even faster with cast internals. You will have only a few seconds if you drop fuel pressure or get hot.

IMO. Buy a ready to drop in N/A engine that has the HP you want, take your's out and store it in the garage for resale time. Less headaches and most likely the same amount of money as the mods you are trying to do, and when you are done playing you should re-coup most of your money by putting the boat back to stock and selling the HP engine your bought for market value.

You should have no problem finding a fully dressed engine that will get you your speed wish for about $10k, drop it in and go
Old 07-23-2012, 10:47 AM
Registered

You can run it until it breaks. I had 550HP on a bravo one and it lasted 2 months. If you’re gentle it could last a while.

BTW he is correct about the setup. I just mentioned the safety concerns. Keeping the engine together is a whole new ball game.

If you like turn key leave it alone.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:00 AM
Registered

It's supposed to be turn key now and I have worked on it since day one but that's my own fault I got suckered into a bad buy, i just put a brand new cool fuel pump, regulator and vapor lock system on it and brand new injectors. I don't have a problem with doing it right but I also like a blown application. My truck is turbo, my car had a whipple now has an F-1X, I just like boost. But I want to do it right and don't have a probl starting mild on the boost till winter and build a larger cubed forged internal setup and better drive. I plan on keepin the boat for quite awhile I don't see needing any bigger as I have to launch with just me and the wife generally anything bigger will get to be a pain alone
Old 07-23-2012, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin718
It's supposed to be turn key now and I have worked on it since day one but that's my own fault I got suckered into a bad buy, i just put a brand new cool fuel pump, regulator and vapor lock system on it and brand new injectors. I don't have a problem with doing it right but I also like a blown application. My truck is turbo, my car had a whipple now has an F-1X, I just like boost. But I want to do it right and don't have a probl starting mild on the boost till winter and build a larger cubed forged internal setup and better drive. I plan on keepin the boat for quite awhile I don't see needing any bigger as I have to launch with just me and the wife generally anything bigger will get to be a pain alone
I understand the love of boost, I have supercharged engines. However, there is nothing harder on a drive than a super charger! One thing that is not often talked about is the increase in tq across the board with the supercharger, most just talk HP. I baby mine out of the hole, and rarely see boost until I hit 70 mph to try to make my XR's last longer.

A single bravo on a 5000lb boat with a super charger doesn't really have much of a chance at life. The good news is bravos are relatively cheap, so you can keep a spare.

I still thing the swap with a proven engine is the way to go, will save you time, money and headaches, and you will have resale. Looking around even here in the classifieds, someone is selling take out 496ho closed cooled whippled engines for $7k each. Still a cast engine, but at least it is drop in and your stock engine is sitting home safe in the barn.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:18 AM
Registered

What kind of drive would I need and what would it run $$$ wise?
What could I likely see out of selling my motor and drive with 268 hours on it?
Old 07-23-2012, 12:03 PM
Registered

XR is the most cost effective at about $7500
if your beat it, it will eventually break.
There is better but the $$ goes up fast.

Your setup, Depending on the buyer. my guess 4-8K
Old 07-23-2012, 12:28 PM
Registered

You guys are talkin me right out of doing anything to this boat... Sucks but I don't want it to be a million dollar deal. Which I know doesn't make sense when referring to a BOAT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.