procharger fuel system routing >

procharger fuel system routing

Notices

procharger fuel system routing

Old 07-27-2012, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question procharger fuel system routing

I need a little help. can someone give me the correct installation of the procharger fuel system on a 98 454 mag.

trying to diagnose a fuel pressure problem and don't have the manual to see how it was routed. contacted procharger and they said they have to mail it. so now i have to wait.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

where are you located
Old 07-27-2012, 07:32 PM
Registered

im in NJ

cant get the fuel pressure to go over 18psi messed with the regulator no change. pinched the return line no change.

maybe a bad pump
Old 07-27-2012, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

do you have stock fuel system? If so, is it cool fuel or VST. Do you have a mechanical pump mounted onto the RAW water pump
Old 07-27-2012, 08:02 PM
Registered

it comes from the tank into a black electric fuel pump then into the filter from there it goes under the motor to the cool fuel then into the big red regulator then tee back into the inlet of the pump.

the regulator and fuel pump i believe are aeromotive at least that what they look like

hope that makes sense
Old 07-27-2012, 10:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by meansvt00
it comes from the tank into a black electric fuel pump then into the filter from there it goes under the motor to the cool fuel then into the big red regulator then tee back into the inlet of the pump.

the regulator and fuel pump i believe are aeromotive at least that what they look like

hope that makes sense
look brfore the pump,the fuel is soppose to be filtered before the pump..if no filter then disconnect the line going to the engine and put it in a bucket turn the pump on and see how much comes out,should be allot with in seconds so watch it..im suprised they ran that fuel pump into the cool fuel,,that pump will support 1000 hp...
Old 07-28-2012, 11:30 AM
Registered

got a fuel pressure update. ran the pump into a bucket alot of fuel came out.so i reconnected everything and adjusted the regulator got the pressure set to 38 but as son as you apply the throttle it drops pressure.

i still think its the pump. i found some tiny metal particals in the bucket i ran the fuel into.

any thoughts
Old 07-28-2012, 11:52 AM
Registered

Default fixx

Originally Posted by meansvt00
got a fuel pressure update. ran the pump into a bucket alot of fuel came out.so i reconnected everything and adjusted the regulator got the pressure set to 38 but as son as you apply the throttle it drops pressure.

i still think its the pump. i found some tiny metal particals in the bucket i ran the fuel into.

any thoughts
i think your sopose to bypass the cool fuel with that a1000 pump,the cool fuel will never keep up with the pressure of volume of fuel needed for boost..
Old 07-28-2012, 12:02 PM
Registered

this is a 496 instalation manual if it helps with the fuel system..
http://www.cpperformance.com/instruc...charger496.pdf
Old 07-28-2012, 01:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

My original fuel set-up on my 2000 502 mpi m-3sc procharged set-up used a a1000 aeromotive pump, it pushed it thru the stock cool fuel garbage and there was a piece that Procharger had you substitute into the cool fuel in place of the stock fuel pump, with the plastic cover on the cool fuel you couldn't see this and it looked like somehow they were still using the stock pump when they weren't, not sure how it possibly did it but it had no problem supporting 600 hp or so even with stock lines and all that cobbled up ****, I remember the adapter pieces in the cool fuel having little tiny inlet/outlet holes like 1/4 " or 5/16 ID. I tore it all out later when I decided to upgrade further and bought a small oil cooler to use as a fuel cooler and totally eliminated all the factory "cool fuel" crap. At that point I also added a second line feeding the stock rail. Later on in the quest to make even more hp I made twin rails and got rid of the stock single rail, Smitty

Last edited by articfriends; 07-28-2012 at 01:23 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.