Newbie? where to get fuel line >

Newbie? where to get fuel line

Notices

Newbie? where to get fuel line

Old 08-10-2012, 07:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie? where to get fuel line

Stock 454 Mag and I need the fuel line that goes from the mechanical fuel pump to the carb. I don't want to use the old stock sttel lines and the only replacement I can locate is the Sierra 18-8114. What other options do I have?? Thanks

Coming from the outboard world so this is all new to me!
Old 08-10-2012, 08:02 AM
Registered

Take the old lines and cut the ends off and save the fittings and appx. 1" of tube that goes to the pump and carb. Weld, solder or braze a weld on AN -6 fitting on each piece. Purchase enough -6 braided line and the proper -6 hose ends for your application. You should be able to purchase everything needed at Summit/Jegs.

Jeff
Old 08-10-2012, 08:29 AM
Registered

The fitings are rusted on the tubes - they are not budging - which is why I need the new line. And I do not have enough skills (or maybe not enough gonads) to braze fuel line.
Old 10-03-2013, 03:08 PM
Registered

Back at it trying to get the fuel system plumbed - trying not to buy flare tools, benders, etc. if I can avoid it. I put a Holley Mechanical fuel pump (12-454-11) on the motor and need the line that goes from the filter to the pump and the pump to my Edelbrock carb. Would like to go coast guard approved so that I do not run the risk of getting my chops busted. Thanks!
Old 10-03-2013, 07:07 PM
Registered

you can pickup flare to hose barb fittings, use a-1 hose. route hose and secure hose with oetiker clamps(doubled up each end) on barb ends.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You could also get some stainless braided -6 line and fittings and make your own lines. It's not super cheap but very easy to do. Fittings in the fuel pump are 1/4" NPT and you can get 1/4" to -6 male fittings for the pump and depending on what carb setup a fitting for the carb as well. It'll never rust and be easy to remove if need be. Much easier then the inverted flare stuff.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:06 AM
Registered

Summit - whole kit around $50.00