dropping to idle issue >

dropping to idle issue

Notices

dropping to idle issue

Old 08-13-2012, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dropping to idle issue

Hey guys, I got my boss 272 back this weekend from having the 502 mpi rebuilt and got to put about 3 hours on it... We had to put a new head on starboard side, and replaced an injector on hole 4 due to suspision of it firing the hole lean to heat up... Also did new seals on all other injectors just in case.. Anyway, boat comes out of water good, runs 40 psi all time under way, 20-40 idling.. The thing im kinda concerned about is that when I come off plain to idle, the motor drops below say 400 rpm and then bounces back to 600 but one time this weekend it actually stalled. where should I start to trouble shoot this?? I woulda just taken it back to the mechanic but It was done 3 hours from where i live where id originally broke down and now its home cuz I gotta get it ready for the shootout at loto..
Old 08-13-2012, 10:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just talked to guy who worked on boat and says good possibility its the IAC not functioning correctly... opinions?
Old 08-13-2012, 12:00 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

IAC is a good possibility.
Also, you should not come off plane real fast. Water can wash back up the tail pipes.