Notices

Stereo?

Old 08-15-2012, 10:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo?

So im looking at putting new speakers in my boat... i just recently put in a new head unit and was wondering how to wire component speakers to an amp... any help would be appreciated
Old 08-15-2012, 10:42 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

That will depend on the speakers. They will have directions with them. They will have some type of crossover either built into the woofer or included as a separate component.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:32 PM
Registered

so any suggestions? im kinda on a budget trying to stay around 400 for 4 6" speakers and an amp.... i just want a little more bass and to be louder

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KICKER-MARIN...item1e705a8a65

Would that be worth it?

Last edited by jkeating; 08-16-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:20 AM
Registered

The component speakers will likely hook up the same as coaxials if the come with there own cross over. The JL Audio 7.7 components hook up the same as their coaxials. Don't install components thinking your going to get more bass. Most high end coaxials will produce just as much bass as the component version. The JL 7.7s are a prime axample. I have the components because I like the look. Some people need to aim the tweeters because of speaker placement but bass will be the same as the coaxials. I'm a JL an but if I was shootin for 4 speakers and an amp for 400, I'd look at a JL Audio M200/2 and four Alpine, Sony, Pioneer, or Kenwood 6.5s. listen to each to determine the sound you like.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:22 AM
Registered

Sorry. Didn't follow link first. I think that Kicker set up would be excellent bang for the buck. You really don't NEED the component vs coaxials but it does sort of dress it up. Just use large wire for the power. Number 4 would be real good.

Last edited by gare; 08-18-2012 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Didn't follow link first.