average stereo price >

average stereo price

Notices

average stereo price

Old 08-16-2012, 10:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default average stereo price

I was wondering what everyone spends on their stereo and what I should as well. Id like a good sounding stereo that we can hear in the water without breaking the bank. thanks for the info.also did you do it all at once or a little at a time?
Old 08-16-2012, 11:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ckcgobigblue
I was wondering what everyone spends on their stereo and what I should as well. Id like a good sounding stereo that we can hear in the water without breaking the bank. thanks for the info.also did you do it all at once or a little at a time?
You don't have to spend large amounts of money to have a good system. That system I planed out for you the other day would make alot of system to start out with. You can always add to it later.

I have less than a grand in my system. Yea I picked up my amps, crossover and power blocks used for a pretty good deal. If I were to buy it all new I might have spent $2500.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nightlife1970
You don't have to spend large amounts of money to have a good system. That system I planed out for you the other day would make alot of system to start out with. You can always add to it later.

I have less than a grand in my system. Yea I picked up my amps, crossover and power blocks used for a pretty good deal. If I were to buy it all new I might have spent $2500.

Agreed! I found a pile of stuff on Kijiji/Ebay, a lot of "kids" nowadays update there stuff like they change underwear and the resale value of used stuff isn't real good which is a real bonus for "buyers"

You can also save a good chunk of money by doing the install yourself, its not hard, but, it IS tedious, take your time, plan all your wiring, makes sure all the connections are good, and make SURE you use the right gauge wire, if you sweat the details you can have a REALLY good sounding system for suprising little cash
Old 08-17-2012, 01:31 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

I would say $1500 min for something that sounds good and will last.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:57 AM
Registered

Just make sure you use an Infinite Baffle sub if you're using one in that configuration. Seen a few people buy a used sub out of a car but failed to use the enclosure it was designed for. Won't last long or sound very good. That being said, there is a world of difference between a $80.00 Clarion infinite baffle marine sub and a $300.00 JL Audio infinite baffle marine sub. Just compared side by side.
Any sub is better than no sub, just be easy on the cheaper ones.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I got about 3 grand installed in my system and I can hear it loud and clear at full speed. All JL
Old 08-17-2012, 08:39 AM
Registered

On the sub deal try the new pioneer slim subs. They call them ibflats totally new way of building a sub. I haven't been much on pioneer since the 90's but my jl just pounded without much sound bec of my limited space for enclosures. These pioneers are talk g the same power (jl 750/1) and sound fantastic. I actually have a ton of bass and had to dial it back. There are 2 versions. One is cheap and not the se tech just looks like it. Make sure they are actually in flats.
The jl750/1 may seem expensive but 1 amp can pretty much do all whole system. They are full range class d amps. Insane power and marine rated. Doesn'tatter howard speakers you hook up always same output. You can build off one and keep it going.
Also if you don't listen to the actual radio get a pre amp and just plug ur iPod into it. They have much stronger voltage output and are like 80 bucks. Another way to keep prices down.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:46 AM
Registered

Do marine amps use less battery than non marine? Or are they just better against corrosion?
Old 08-21-2012, 01:43 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by ckcgobigblue
Do marine amps use less battery than non marine? Or are they just better against corrosion?
Most are just auto amps with some extra sealing or SS components. The class D digital amps use less power.