Would this oil pan and pump combo work? >

Would this oil pan and pump combo work?

Notices

Would this oil pan and pump combo work?

Old 08-24-2012, 08:43 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Would this oil pan and pump combo work?

Thinking about turning my 350 into a 383. Would really like to take what I learned from the last build and really make think this one through and make sure EVERYTHING is right. I'm not happy with my current oil pan setup and would like to upgrade. Would this pan and pump be acceptable for a 383 with a max rpm around 5500 or so?

http://www.jegs.com/i/Moroso/710/201...85#moreDetails
Old 08-24-2012, 09:36 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It would probably work fine but IMO from past experience Moroso pans are pretty much a "low end" pan. Check out Canton. They make a pretty nice pan. Bottom line your gonna get what you pay for.

You can get those pans alone for $145.00. Not so sure the other stuff that comes with it is worth the $165.00 extra.
Also if looking at pans with the kicked out sump you want to make sure it will clear your starter and oil filter if block mounted. Other wise you may have to go to a mini starter and remote filter.

Last edited by picklenjim; 08-24-2012 at 09:44 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:43 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by picklenjim
It would probably work fine but IMO from past experience Moroso pans are pretty much a "low end" pan. Check out Canton. They make a pretty nice pan. Bottom line your gonna get what you pay for.
I've looked at canton and they are pretty pricy. I don't run mine hard for extended periods (mostly boating on a small lake) so I thought maybe the moroso would be a slightly better than stock option. My other concern is the included oil pump, is it worth a damn?
Old 08-25-2012, 10:26 AM
rws
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out Kevco oil pans they are decent quality for the money. I use them on circle track engines.
I have had a few Canton pans that had to be sent back for quality issues.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil pan

I went w/hamburgers 1098 marine/strip pan & pickup. Can't tell ya about results yet. Have not busted off.
Rory
Old 08-26-2012, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by 87MagnumII
Thinking about turning my 350 into a 383. Would really like to take what I learned from the last build and really make think this one through and make sure EVERYTHING is right. I'm not happy with my current oil pan setup and would like to upgrade. Would this pan and pump be acceptable for a 383 with a max rpm around 5500 or so?

http://www.jegs.com/i/Moroso/710/201...85#moreDetails
i have the same pan on my donzi,,12 yrs and counting,,no rust but i painted it with imron....i let you in on a little secret,to make my motor live at 6+k i use a BBC with normal pressure spring in the pump...