Whippled 6.2 need help >

Whippled 6.2 need help

Notices

Whippled 6.2 need help

Old 08-26-2012, 10:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whippled 6.2 need help

Ok, here's what I know, was running 3,500-3,600 RPM's and the motor dies, won't restart. Checked and fuel pump not running, can hot wire around the PCM and get fuel pump to run and engine starts, traced it back to the fuel pump relay is not being pulled by the PCM, scanned it with Diacom software and NO faults stored, what would cause the PCM to not pull the fuel pump relays and allow this engine to start?? It is the pcm555 as info.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Sounds like it lost the fuel pump driver in the ecm. I have seen it before in the 555. Some can be repaired. Give Dustin at Whipple a call. He may be able to help you out.
Eddie
Old 08-27-2012, 09:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Young Performance
Sounds like it lost the fuel pump driver in the ecm. I have seen it before in the 555. Some can be repaired. Give Dustin at Whipple a call. He may be able to help you out.
Eddie
Eddie, that was my guess, under further inspection when scanned its telling me I have 76% avaliable power, would that be a weak battery condition or something else? All other data looks inline
Old 08-27-2012, 10:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by osur866
Eddie, that was my guess, under further inspection when scanned its telling me I have 76% avaliable power, would that be a weak battery condition or something else? All other data looks inline
that just your current battery power...double check all fuses,even in front of the boat,,circuit breakers etc..
Old 08-27-2012, 10:41 PM
Registered

Mike, I've doubled, tripple, and quad checked every fuse in front and rear, I talked to Dustin today and he thinks it's prolly fixable if it's the drivers in the ECM for the fuel pump, gonna look at a few other things before I send it off, I'll take all advice I can get.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by osur866
Mike, I've doubled, tripple, and quad checked every fuse in front and rear, I talked to Dustin today and he thinks it's prolly fixable if it's the drivers in the ECM for the fuel pump, gonna look at a few other things before I send it off, I'll take all advice I can get.
if thats the case then after you get it fixed you may need to install a piggy back relay to take some of the stress off the driver..sometimes the quad driver will over heat and shut down if the fuel pump is drawing to many amps then start back up..check the oil pressure switch also...make sure pcm is receiving its signal..

Last edited by FIXX; 08-27-2012 at 11:42 PM.