Super Chiller Performance >

Super Chiller Performance

Notices

Super Chiller Performance

Old 09-21-2012, 06:47 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by abones
Yes that is a nice set up, perfect, I too run a max of 15lbs of water pressure, I agree with the water at Idle, good point, sound like a real set up. Top speed?
The boat ( 31' Scarab Viper ) ran 76 mph with carbed hp500's ... swapped power to current ... 93 - 95 mph depending on water conditions . Boat needs a light chop to free up the old school hull.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by abones
Been there before, if set up correctly the minimal drag is so slight the power gain produced by the chiller you truely wont notice, but they require a large amount of cold water(before the motor) to work correctly. don't cut the supply to the motor, been there done that, and learned from it. I guess the HP range makes a big difference, 700 HP you can get away with it. But everyone has decide for themselves, just my opinion.....
I have a innercooler feed line teed in on both inlet and outlet sides of the pump. On the outlet side I run a relief type valve that opens right when I hit the throttle and continues to feed at low rpm/speed. On the inlet side, I run a check valve that opens up when the hose pressurizes. Plumbed in this fashion the motor is never neglected of cooling capacity (in high load/rpm situations).