Raylar 496 kit >

Raylar 496 kit

Notices

Raylar 496 kit

Old 11-18-2012, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For What It's Worth

I have the Raylar 600hp short block with only about 60 hours and 4 good, clean oil samples.

I'm upgrading so if you want a good bottom end this is an option. Has forged crank, h-beam rods, forged pistons etc.

It's line bored, decked & punched out 30 over. I can send video of running engine in boat as I have not taken it out yet or taken it apart.

comes fully assembled short block (oil pain, timing cover, balancer etc installed). All you have to do is put your top end and accessories on and go. You can either use your stock heads etc or upgrade to whatever you wanna do.

It's a min 6k investment (what i spent) and i'm selling for 4k. It's known good and I'm not out to scam anyone. Only synthetic oil used etc never run hot and oil changed 4 times since built. It also has the original Mercury Serial Number on the block so I could send video of that as proof or whatever you want.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SDFever
I'm upgrading
Are you switching to the Dart 600 c.i block? I want to as well but nothing for another year.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Baja_man
Are you switching to the Dart 600 c.i block? I want to as well but nothing for another year.
yes maybe some larger cnc heads & new intake with dual throttlebody etc..
Old 11-19-2012, 02:52 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

You need to contact Larry. I warned you guys couple months ago and all i got was chicken-chit threats from keyboard punks.

And they deleted my thread (based on incorrect assumptions) and a response from Ray that was not accurate.

He's not there anymore.
Perhaps if you put your thread in "Industry News" instead of
"Beware and Stolen" your info would have been taken in
stride. The way you did it seemed like gloating about the fall
of a good guy and/or demise/decline of a good company.

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Larry is the contact for raylar and any of your 496 needs. Sdfever is in the know...for those that don't know raylar was the brain child of ray Brody AND Larry Hofer. Ray is not part of the operation at Larry's shop where the 496 kits are put together.
Once again accurate info is always wanted but without the
"secret source" bullsh!t that seems to sometimes arise here
on OSO. I have not read nor could I find Ray's response to
the news about a split at Raylar.

Personally I think Ray's contribution to OSO was great. I have
used his advice.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dbkski

used his advice.
Yeah well it's not like I'm notorious for starting problems with people on here and it has nothing to do with "industry news" when you're only trying to help a couple. No one reads that section when they are about to be scammed or the like.

Geezus dude.

And for the record, you did not get advice from anyone but Larry Hofer. He's the one who provided all the info and education that got printed etc. Call him if you want - I don't care. 858-277-8388

And to say it seemed like I was "gloating".... Maybe you should slow down and read. I've neve taken comfort in anyone's misfortune etc.

You don't even know me.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dbkski

used his advice.
Thats cool...Ray will need all the friends he can get. I'm sure he will appreciate your support! I am a personal friend of Larry so to respect him I WILL keep some things a secret....Its none of your business anyways.

While I admit ray does share a wealth of knowledge on OSO it does not mean he is a super swell guy. I will let you in on a little secret...all of the "correct" info that ray has shared over the years has come straight from Larry.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:22 PM
Registered

Default To answer the OP's original question

This thread was started to find out where to get a raylar kit. The kits are available if you call Larry Hofer at 858-277-8388.

Anyone can call or email Ray til there blue in the face....there is no one home
Old 11-20-2012, 06:19 AM
Registered

THe Raylar kit is more top end gear, or "long" motor gear(heads, roller rockers, intake, throttle body, cam and pistons with bigger valve relief) plus ECU uprade. You are looking to sell short block which from your description does not include the "kit" gear? Or have I mis understood?

CHris Carter
I have the Raylar 600hp short block with only about 60 hours and 4 good, clean oil samples.

I'm upgrading so if you want a good bottom end this is an option. Has forged crank, h-beam rods, forged pistons etc.

It's line bored, decked & punched out 30 over. I can send video of running engine in boat as I have not taken it out yet or taken it apart.

comes fully assembled short block (oil pain, timing cover, balancer etc installed). All you have to do is put your top end and accessories on and go. You can either use your stock heads etc or upgrade to whatever you wanna do.

It's a min 6k investment (what i spent) and i'm selling for 4k. It's known good and I'm not out to scam anyone. Only synthetic oil used etc never run hot and oil changed 4 times since built. It also has the original Mercury Serial Number on the block so I could send video of that as proof or whatever you want.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Westcoast
This thread was started to find out where to get a raylar kit. The kits are available if you call Larry Hofer at 858-277-8388.

Anyone can call or email Ray til there blue in the face....there is no one home
Thanks. Just for clarrity, is the Raylar engineering website with kit details etc not now linked to Larry?
Old 11-20-2012, 08:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cartscarts
Thanks. Just for clarrity, is the Raylar engineering website with kit details etc not now linked to Larry?
It is in the works. For now the best bet would be to call Larry direct. Larry is not as techie on the computer as ray was.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.