Fountain or Baja is the question >

Fountain or Baja is the question

Notices

Fountain or Baja is the question

Old 10-08-2012, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by scarabman
If anything, the 26 Outlaw cockpit is roomier than the 29 Fountain.

29 fountain

26 outlaw

Have you people acutally been in a 29 fountain? Or are you just continuing the exaggeration on this site?

To the OP, as a fountain owner you will have to hear all these urban legends all day long, mainly based on the fact that you are one of the fastest out there.....don't let it bother you hahaha
Old 10-08-2012, 08:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Finally someone has taken up for the fountain!!! Lets make it fair by looking at the boats cause they both r really nice rides... will someone please post the email address for me to send the pics to so they can post the pics on here and we can get positive feed back after viewing both boats... i apologize but im new to the site and dont know how to post pics... Thanks
Old 10-08-2012, 08:54 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

[IMG][/IMG]
Hopefully this link will work... This is the 26 OL....
Old 10-08-2012, 08:57 AM
Registered

Smile

I played around with it and got them to post.. this is the 29 Fountain... Would everyone please view both pics and give honest opinions on which boat they would go with.. Thanks
Old 10-08-2012, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Your pictures are not working, just post the link to the web site where they are listed.

Seeing that you are on the fence for both boats, do some research on insurance cost and financing if you are getting a loan.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 195 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus

29 fountain

26 outlaw

Have you people acutally been in a 29 fountain? Or are you just continuing the exaggeration on this site?

To the OP, as a fountain owner you will have to hear all these urban legends all day long, mainly based on the fact that you are one of the fastest out there.....don't let it bother you hahaha
And is the picture you posted of an 03 29? A friend of mine had an early 2000s 29 and I seem to remember not being able to really stand behind the bolsters as they were close to the rear bench
Old 10-08-2012, 09:26 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

if the links are not working then here are the sites were the boats can be viewed... The fountain is on www.powerboatlistings.com It is on the 4th page and the 5th boat down... 03 29ft fever.... The baja is on www.boattrader.com under baja boats in Iowa... It is the very first boat on the page... Once again thanks for everyones input...
Old 10-08-2012, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

if you line up the platforms my 28 pantera (bolt on platform) is as long as my friends 32 fever. he bought a nice boat. its a 92 32 but had very nice updates and was in great shape. fountians are great boats. but baja has come a long way too. drive them both and see what one you like better. buy the boat that meets your needs the best.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

These Fountain exaggerations regarding length is just ridiculous.

My boat is parked next to my buddies 38 Cigarette in the storage building. He has a bolt on platform on his cig. Saturday, I took a look at our prop nuts, standing from the side. Both prop nuts were within inches, maybe 2'' of each other. Then I walked to the front, and took a look, the tip of the beak on my boat was about even with the nose of his boat.

Theres something most people fail to look at, when the jump on the beak bandwagon. Take a look at a Fountain, from a side view. Where the line from the beak to the waterline is. It is very steep. Bajas, cigarettes, and other makes, this line is very gradual. Its all about running surface. Waterline to water line, my boat and my buddies 38 cig are close. Even if he has 1ft on me, my hull was originally called a 36FT Fever. Until the coast guard mandated the platform be included if it was part of the mold. So if anything, at the time, Fountain was being modest with its length. And to be honest, at 70,80,90, or 100mph, that one or two feet of length really doesnt mean squat. I'll take a good bottom design, balanced hull, over something that is just 1-2ft longer.

Platform to platform rafted up, our boats are almost identical, where the engine room bulkhead is, bolsters, and even fairing. My cockpit is a bit roomier, (fever), and the cig has me beat in the cabin department. Main thing is his layout, and the hull sides on a fountain get progessivley narrower on a fountain from the rub rail down. Where the cig is straight down from the rail, and then slightly angles in near the bottom.

Anyhow, to get off that soapbox, and back to the original question. Both the baja and fountain would be great boats for what your looking to do. If you forsee yourself wanting to go fast, the Fountain is the hull you want to do it in. The 500HP engine is a good engine, and when the time comes to add things, like better heads, supercharger, etc, you can. It has good parts inside, and based on the common 502 block, that they make a million parts for. The 496 is a great engine, but really not much on the table aftermarket wise.

You should have no problem planing pulling a tube with a stock 29 Fountain setup, esp with the right prop.

Personally, Id buy the boat with over 30 years of Championship offshore racing heritage, numerous world titles, numerous speed records, numerous boat of the year awards. If I was standing on the dock, and got invited to go on a 90mph ride in either one of those boats, I'd hop on the Fountain.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 218 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by mild thunder
these fountain exaggerations regarding length is just ridiculous.

Something most people fail to look at, when the jump on the beak bandwagon. Take a look at a fountain, from a side view. Where the line from the beak to the waterline is. It is very steep. Bajas, cigarettes, and other makes, this line is very gradual. Its all about running surface. .
+1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.