NXT Drive - 250 hrs - pull it or not >

NXT Drive - 250 hrs - pull it or not

Notices

NXT Drive - 250 hrs - pull it or not

Old 12-07-2012, 10:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NXT Drive - 250 hrs - pull it or not

Looking for some feedback. Got 250 hrs on NXT Drives. Is it time for them to be pulled/inspected/rebuilt etc if I dont have any problems? How many hours do you have on your NXT drives? Thanks,
Old 12-08-2012, 03:20 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

I have almost 300....but have been into them each once. The filter replacement is at 100 hrs and the lower must be disassembled to change it.....so there ya go....Check you blower belt idler pulleys also if they show bearing wear (loose) they need replacement. Pop off the belt and wiggle the pulleys
Old 12-08-2012, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

I just went through a rebuild of the triples. The starboard was showing some metal on the magnet and the oil was notably darker. I went and had the other two freshed up at the same time. Under 200 hours, anyway I don't doubt the decision because it was a reasonable price for all three and I now i don't have to worry. Can you afford not to? We tear up xr's on the formula, but they are readily available and I can do most repairs myself. NXT's are somewhat rare and quite a bit more expensive. Get an estimate and base the decision on cost and risk.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:15 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

just my opinion but unless that is some standard rebuild schedule dictated by Mercury I would send the fluid out for oil analysis before I did anything. I have no experience with NXT's but logic would suggest that if the oil checks out ok and there are not any abnormal amounts of metals you shouldn't need to take them apart.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

No rebuild schedule, Just a filter change schedule and the lower must be disassembled to change it
Old 12-16-2012, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any help... how many hours do you have on your NXT and no rebuild. Thanks
Old 02-23-2017, 01:54 PM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Wanted to see if anyone could answer the question on how many hours on you NXT and

Originally Posted by Mykalvballer
Any help... how many hours do you have on your NXT and no rebuild. Thanks
What have you done maintenance wise? Boat I am looking at his them. Info in this thread is good, just want total hours. Thanks again!