Pictures of single TRS mounts ? >

Pictures of single TRS mounts ?

Notices

Pictures of single TRS mounts ?

Old 12-25-2012, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Pictures of single TRS mounts ?

I finally got around to mocking everything up to build the front engine mount in my '79 Excalibur and noticed the block mount location sits way above the stringers..

Just curious as to what the original mounts looked like ?

Thanks,

Doug
Old 12-25-2012, 02:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

These front TRS mounts are readily available "used" and will likely be part of the final install. If you want new, KEPP sells an alum clone that you can see online. Because you are only using the front mount, their is nothing special about a TRS setup. There is a right and left for twins and a different mount for a single engine set up.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:06 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

In my boat the gimble housing was installed as high as possible with still keeping the headers going through the transom. Prop shaft is still 7" below the bottom. Sounds like I had the same problem as you for the front motor mounts. Mount towers were custom fabbed out of 3/16" steel plate and bolted through the stringers. The actual mount itself as you see in the pics bolted to the tower is pretty much the same on all applications. The mounting all depends on the boat, stringer location and where the gimble housing is mounted in the transom. Some just had the mount bolted directly to the top of the stringer. If you need some of those mounts I know there's a lot of them on ebay.
Attached Thumbnails Pictures of single TRS mounts ?-mm1.jpg   Pictures of single TRS mounts ?-mm2.jpg   Pictures of single TRS mounts ?-mm3.jpg