Small block fuel pump thoughts >

Small block fuel pump thoughts

Notices

Small block fuel pump thoughts

Old 12-26-2012, 02:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Small block fuel pump thoughts

I'm building a Vortec 383, the block doesn't have the fuel pump provision. I know that has been talked about,,,, but, why couldn't a raw water pump with the fuel pump on it from a big block be hung off of it? I think it would be cool to see one hanging on a small block! (different)
Would this be worth it, (I know it would cost more than an elec. pump) can you just take the water pump out of the Alpha 1?
Or would you just say that's too much and put an electric pump on it and call it good? Then which electric pump?
Thanks for your thoughts in advance.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:40 PM
Registered

I would do a Electric pump with a Walbro inline. These pumps are inexpensive, well tested, and hold up great.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:47 PM
Platinum Member

IMO, I your case I would probably just go elec. holley in-line. I just switched both of my SBC's to mechanical because I had one of my elec. pumps fail the very first time I took my boat out. At least with elec. its a very easy fix, they can be bought almost anywhere & inexpensive to carry a spare!