Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Somewhere to get a full cover made in WI? >

Somewhere to get a full cover made in WI?

Notices

Somewhere to get a full cover made in WI?

Old 01-14-2013, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Somewhere to get a full cover made in WI?

I've spoke with many places about getting a full cover made, but I don't feel like taking my boat 500+ miles. Anyone know of any place in the Wisconsin or Illinois area? Thanks.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by Rollin1405
I've spoke with many places about getting a full cover made, but I don't feel like taking my boat 500+ miles. Anyone know of any place in the Wisconsin or Illinois area? Thanks.
i use ed's interiors and canvas in villa park il..he is the best period!

my cover on my donzi is 13 yrs old and still looks new,,all the stitching is still perfect..also not a trace of mold..he uses aqualon which lasts longer then the other stuff out their..

630-530-4163 ask for ed.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Ace Canvas in West Bend
http://acecanvas.com/
(262) 334-2129

Doug
Old 01-15-2013, 09:07 PM
Registered

Thanks guys
Old 01-16-2013, 10:08 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've used Ace Canvas before, I wouldn't exactly call them the top shelf on their quality. There's the Boat Tailor's ( I think that's what they are called ) along the frontage road of I-94 southbound I think between Racine and Kenosha. You can see it from the highway on the west side. They're supposed to be good, but pricecy, isn't that how it always goes. Might be able to get it in their building to work on it . I know they do alot of work on boats at Mckinley and the yacht club. You also might want to call Harkin Sails in Pewaukee, they have a department that does covers and just put up a huge building across I-94 from Skipper Buds. I'm sure they could get you inside for a fitting. People I know are happy with there work and there pricing wasn't bad when I called about a previous boat. 39' OL, sounds nice, haven't seen it down at the lake, you just get it?
Steve
Old 01-16-2013, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Kendor's Canvas shop in Franklin?

Never had anything made by them, but have purchased sunbrella, vinyl, and supplies from them, and they always have 2 or 3 people sewing up something in there.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by waybomb
Kendor's Canvas shop in Franklin?

Never had anything made by them, but have purchased sunbrella, vinyl, and supplies from them, and they always have 2 or 3 people sewing up something in there.
Wouldn't say Kendor is the highest quality either, I'm just assuming with a 39OL you might be looking for a good quality shop. I don't think they're one of the them.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 509 SC
I've used Ace Canvas before, I wouldn't exactly call them the top shelf on their quality. There's the Boat Tailor's ( I think that's what they are called ) along the frontage road of I-94 southbound I think between Racine and Kenosha. You can see it from the highway on the west side. They're supposed to be good, but pricecy, isn't that how it always goes. Might be able to get it in their building to work on it . I know they do alot of work on boats at Mckinley and the yacht club. You also might want to call Harkin Sails in Pewaukee, they have a department that does covers and just put up a huge building across I-94 from Skipper Buds. I'm sure they could get you inside for a fitting. People I know are happy with there work and there pricing wasn't bad when I called about a previous boat. 39' OL, sounds nice, haven't seen it down at the lake, you just get it?
Steve

Thanks Steve, I've called Harken just waiting on a call back. I called Fountain of youth in North Prairie, have you heard of them? That's who some people around here recommended. I just bought the OL a month ago, still have a 32' fever for sale.

OL

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/o...kids-club.html

Fever

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o49024-en.html
Old 01-17-2013, 11:18 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 939 Likes on 471 Posts

I used Canvas Works in Antioch IL before for my dads deck boat...did a nice job and the cover is still going strong after 4 seasons now

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 01-17-2013, 08:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Rollin1405
Thanks Steve, I've called Harken just waiting on a call back. I called Fountain of youth in North Prairie, have you heard of them? That's who some people around here recommended. I just bought the OL a month ago, still have a 32' fever for sale.

OL

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/o...kids-club.html

Fever

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o49024-en.html
That's a beautiful OL, bet you can't wait for summer! I've used Charlie at Fountain of Youth years ago. My storage facility uses them for there canvas and glass work, haven't look at any of there work though.
Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.