Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Donzi 26ZX engine cover electric motor.... >

Donzi 26ZX engine cover electric motor....

Notices

Donzi 26ZX engine cover electric motor....

Old 01-16-2013, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Donzi 26ZX engine cover electric motor....

Getting ready to work on this Donzi project and the electric motor that raises the engine cover is a little jerky?? Is it on the way out? It works but I was wondering if there is a rebuild kit or something I should do to fix it. The engine is out so I have easy access now. Also, is there a way to modify the lifting rod to be able to open the hatch in case the motor fails or the batteries go dead? TIA.... TBF
Old 01-16-2013, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thats pretty funney, I pulled my motor on my Donzi 26ZX the other week, powered the hatch closed. Then the next day it wouldn't open, didn't thank about all the ground wires be connected at the engine block.I got lucky an a couple of days later It magically worked for me to open it. But that started me thinking about power ram failure. Theres should be some back up method for getting into the compartment? I'm not aware of it though. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
Old 01-16-2013, 11:20 PM
Registered

I would think there should be a backup..... I just know that power ram unit will fail at some time and I don't want to get stuck without access........
Old 01-17-2013, 01:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am rebuilding everything in my 25zx. We are making a center armrest in the back seat that will fold down. Put cup holders in so it looks like it belongs there. there is then a piece of velcro material that matches the back seat. Behind that are 2 access panels that will allow you to reach to the top of the hatch and pull a quick release pin. It was quite a bit of work and im not sure what the final cost is but it sure beats cutting the hatch in the event it wont open

Carl
Old 01-17-2013, 07:29 AM
Registered

What do other brands of boat builders do to avoid this situation? Fountain/Sunsuation etc
Old 01-17-2013, 09:27 AM
Registered

Thanks, where is the quick release in located? I saw the access panel but the power ram looks bolted thru at the top mounting area? Is that where the quick release pin should be?? Thanks.......
Old 01-17-2013, 03:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by a262carl
I am rebuilding everything in my 25zx. We are making a center armrest in the back seat that will fold down. Put cup holders in so it looks like it belongs there. there is then a piece of velcro material that matches the back seat. Behind that are 2 access panels that will allow you to reach to the top of the hatch and pull a quick release pin. It was quite a bit of work and im not sure what the final cost is but it sure beats cutting the hatch in the event it wont open

Carl
Would love to see some picks of your set up. Does you rear seat back raise with the engine hatch?
Old 01-18-2013, 07:04 PM
Registered

My back seat does not rise with the hatch. as soon as it is finished i will take some pictures and post them.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:52 AM
Registered

Did some research on the rams and found out mine are made by ULTRAFLEx an Italian Co. Mine are the AV series, which are not made for high performance boats. I'M guesing with me seat back rasing with the hatch that it will be wind resant aginst opening. The manufacturer has the rams built so you can grab the hatch an raise it by hand
Old 01-26-2013, 07:21 PM
Registered

mine went on me twice last year before i finally replaced it, crapped out in the middle of the lake and i needed my anchor, I grabbed ahold of the motor hatch and lifted it up pretty good and the plastic end popped out of the rod and it was open, me and a couple guys at camp heated up the rod and hammered the plastic end back in, a day later, crapped out again finally got aggirivated and replaced it. I had a lenco. Took the model number and googled it and found it for $265 for my Checkmate Convincor 270 from Bait N Hook in N.J. Little did I know that there was a cable hooked to a release pin in my rear vent on the side of the boat, would have just needed to reach in with a piece of coat hanger and pull on that cable and it popps out the rear support pin and lets you lift that hatch without breaking your back trying to He-Man that plastic end out of the drive rod.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.