JR Marine Template

Notices

JR Marine Template

Old 02-02-2013, 04:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR Marine Template

Hi Guys
I'm having Ron Bender machine my bravo 1 gimbal ring in the next month or 2, but I wanted to get a head start with getting it off. Of course, my piss poor planning lead me to realize that Ron doesn't do these in the month of February, and it seems that he closes up shop for the month. When I emailed him I got an automatic reply that he would be back March 1.

In the meantime, does anyone have a template, or know how/where I can get one so I can get started?
Old 02-02-2013, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You can go by the pics in the instructions on his site. Just measure drive in the pics and measure the actual drive itself. Do the math to figure where to make the cut out. Wait to get the actual template to drill the screw holes though.

You could even figure out the percentage of difference between the pic and actuall drive and print out the template in the top pic to the correct size. Still wouldn't drill the screw holes though until you have the exact template.
http://www.jrmarine.com/instructions.htm
Old 02-03-2013, 07:27 AM
Registered

I just made my own template and made my own stainless covers drilled and tapped it worked out great , I think you spend more worrying about how to do it than actually do it .
Old 02-03-2013, 08:03 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ZT280
Hi Guys
I'm having Ron Bender machine my bravo 1 gimbal ring in the next month or 2, but I wanted to get a head start with getting it off. Of course, my piss poor planning lead me to realize that Ron doesn't do these in the month of February, and it seems that he closes up shop for the month. When I emailed him I got an automatic reply that he would be back March 1.

In the meantime, does anyone have a template, or know how/where I can get one so I can get started?

I have a 1 , whats your address.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:33 AM
Registered

Brian that's awesome, thank you. Assuming you can email it, my address is [email protected]
Old 02-03-2013, 09:12 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Because of conflicts between my printer and my Mac I was unable to scan it to my computer. I have an original unused template from Jr I would send in the mail tomorrow if you give me your address. You can PM me or send it to [email protected].
Old 02-04-2013, 07:31 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just cut mine last week...

Didn't have a template, but eyeballed it from JR's website. Used a 5/16" bit in the corners and a cut-off wheel on my dremel. Worked great.

You can only go so far on the left and right, because the outside 3/4" or so is solid. Then I used the lines on the Mercruiser sticker to determine top and bottom cuts.