dyno tune close to indianapolis >

dyno tune close to indianapolis

Notices

dyno tune close to indianapolis

Old 02-18-2013, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brian41
Tell us about your engines that you want dyno tuned.
502's, cam, slight head work, procharged.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:38 PM
Registered
Platinum Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agree 100% Send it To Precision Marine!!!

Originally Posted by Smitty
Save your self some headaches. Build a crate and send your motor complete, along with YOUR exhaust and send it to Mark at Precision in New Orleans. When you get it back, it will be done right, drop it in and go.

Many many happy customers.

www.pmefi.com
Old 02-18-2013, 03:49 PM
Banned

carbed or EFI?
Old 02-18-2013, 06:07 PM
Registered

Stock efi but thinking about switching it over to carb. I would think that the stock mpi intake cost power even at this level.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:23 PM
Registered

Default fixx

Originally Posted by brian41
Correction
Tyler does boats, bikes and cars......Brian (he's cool) went boats only a year ago.
WEll your welcome for me to even mention that you have a dyno! and you would be willing to dyno his motor for him...
Old 02-18-2013, 07:28 PM
Registered

Default fixx

Originally Posted by indysupra
Stock efi but thinking about switching it over to carb. I would think that the stock mpi intake cost power even at this level.
offthefront on here has stock merc efi with prochargers m3 and with the ecm tuned he ran 92 mph with a 353 formula..remember your forcing air into the intake..also fogducker went from 68 to 88 mph with a m1 and a 454 385 that was freshened in a 22 scarab scx??
Old 02-18-2013, 08:08 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I machined about an inch off of the lower intake to eliminate the restriction of airflow under boosted conditions. The long runners are for N/A torque. No need for that with a blower. To save time, I used a carbide tipped router bit to do the radiused edges ( cuts right thru the aluminum) and then finished them by hand. Doing this and a small cam spec change, got me 50 more HP and 200 rpm up top.

See pics
Attached Thumbnails dyno tune close to indianapolis-pics-361.jpg   dyno tune close to indianapolis-pics-360.jpg   dyno tune close to indianapolis-pics-363.jpg  

Last edited by Smitty; 02-18-2013 at 08:11 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
offthefront on here has stock merc efi with prochargers m3 and with the ecm tuned he ran 92 mph with a 353 formula..remember your forcing air into the intake..also fogducker went from 68 to 88 mph with a m1 and a 454 385 that was freshened in a 22 scarab scx??
My boat ran good with the stock 502's and the prochargers. Im making some changes and i want to dump the fmu. Mark at precision informed that with mefi 1 i cannot run the 2 bar map so i must either keep a fmu, change mefi ecu's, aftermarket efi or carbs. My first choice would be the dominator efi but its not in the budget. Not sure what to do.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:17 PM
Registered

Default fixx

My boat ran good with the stock 502's and the prochargers. Im making some changes and i want to dump the fmu. Mark at precision informed that with mefi 1 i cannot run the 2 bar map so i must either keep a fmu, change mefi ecu's, aftermarket efi or carbs. My first choice would be the dominator efi but its not in the budget. Not sure what to do.
go to painless performance,i believe at the bottom of this pagr you will find 2400001 mefi controller that replaces the old mefi 1 ecm,,comes with cable and tuneing software..call them and talk to a tech to see if this ecm will plug into your harness,,worse case you may need a mefi4 wire harness...i have the number to the giy that designed the software for this system when msd owned it..he said if i ever need any info feel free to call him..
http://www.painlessperformance.com/w...sdignition.php
Old 02-18-2013, 11:53 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holley HP ecu and harness -$1500 delivered. Take you about 2 hours to retrofit. Once you completely price out your other options and compare the capability's, the price becomes very reasonable. It's already been proven that the self tuning feature in the boat can be significantly better then a dyno tune by even the best tuner's. Especially if it's tuned in another part of the country.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.