Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
575SCI throttle body upgrades?? >

575SCI throttle body upgrades??

Notices

575SCI throttle body upgrades??

Old 04-04-2013, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

I don't see why that wouldn't work. It would certianly help by removing the injectors. However, the throttle bodies are still kinda small. I'm not sure just how much that would help in making power. It would certianly give you more room to grow as far as the injectors are concerned.
Eddie
Old 04-04-2013, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Eddie, what are your thoughts on the FAST throttle bodies as pictured with the MEFI3 and stock fuel system.

I'm interested in this upgrade but hesitant to open a can of worms so close to boating season. Is it possible to install these and plug into the existing harness and fuel system?

Thanks,

Kurt
Old 04-04-2013, 09:30 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggus
Eddie, what are your thoughts on the FAST throttle bodies as pictured with the MEFI3 and stock fuel system.

I'm interested in this upgrade but hesitant to open a can of worms so close to boating season. Is it possible to install these and plug into the existing harness and fuel system?

Thanks,

Kurt
Kurt, the system in the picture has billet throttle bodies with an injector plate and rails underneath it. I think you are talking about the FAST Ezefi throttle bodies with the injectors built in to the t-body itself? You can make that system work but, it won't plug right into your existing harness and it runs on much higher fuel pressure so you'd have to make some changes there too.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:05 AM
Joe
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

kurt I used Fast ez efi dual throttle body no blower on a street car they told me the set up is good up 1000hp, it was great to set just plug in and punch in a few thing and drive, worked great, but i did have one problem with there computer, took a crap before we even got the car on the road, they sent me another one than every thing was fine....if you want pics of the set up send me your email address i'll send you some pics of the unit...the other thing was wiring on EZ efi its kind of ugly, so i made alot covers and wiring camofloge to cover and hide that crap, looked great after i did that.....Joe
Old 04-04-2013, 12:40 PM
Registered

Thanks for the replies guys. I think I'm going to save this upgrade for next winters project.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:07 AM
Registered

Kurt, as mentioned, it will not be a plug and play. You will need to make some changes to the injector harness. Right now, you have 4 injector plugs. You will need to change them to (8) EV1 style plugs to work with the injectors in the FAST throttle bodies. This will also require some tuning of the ecm, since you are changing the lbs/hr of the injectors. You will also need to add a regulator and some plumbing in the fuel system. It can certianly be done and will be a worthwhile upgrade, especially if you are looking to make more power, but it is not an afternoon job.

And yes, it will work fine with the Mefi 3, after some reprogramming.
Eddie
Old 04-05-2013, 05:50 AM
Registered

Thanks Eddie, I think I'm going to gather the components over the summer and make it a winter project. Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump/regulator?

Kurt
Old 04-05-2013, 09:47 AM
Registered

Those components will work just fine.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Biggus, did you ever move forward with this project? I am starting to have injector issues with my 575scis. One is leaking down key off, and another on the other side goes to full flow when it sees anything above idle PW.

Don't know if it makes sense to replace these expensive, hard to get stock injectors or move to something better. I like the idea of the plate using the stock injectors.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
Kurt, as mentioned, it will not be a plug and play. You will need to make some changes to the injector harness. Right now, you have 4 injector plugs. You will need to change them to (8) EV1 style plugs to work with the injectors in the FAST throttle bodies. This will also require some tuning of the ecm, since you are changing the lbs/hr of the injectors. You will also need to add a regulator and some plumbing in the fuel system. It can certianly be done and will be a worthwhile upgrade, especially if you are looking to make more power, but it is not an afternoon job.

And yes, it will work fine with the Mefi 3, after some reprogramming.
Eddie
Are these the changes for the fast system or your plate idea?

If you can put me something together that will work X2 I am a customer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.