575SCI throttle body upgrades?? >

575SCI throttle body upgrades??

Notices

575SCI throttle body upgrades??

Old 10-11-2014, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4bus
Didn't we have the full roller conversion conversation last year, over the sound of my engine idling? There is a lot of hp on the table from a stock 575, and the cam is a big part of it.

However, you don't "need" to change the cams to wake it up.
Haha yeah I know, I know. Just trying to eliminate those crappy blowers I have, you have the good ones! Heads, cams, blowers would all be sweet but i'm trying to do the most vital thing first as I can't do them all at once. On a side note what software do you use to tune and check things like the injectors.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 82predictor
Haha yeah I know, I know. Just trying to eliminate those crappy blowers I have, you have the good ones! Heads, cams, blowers would all be sweet but i'm trying to do the most vital thing first as I can't do them all at once. On a side note what software do you use to tune and check things like the injectors.
I use tuner pro rt for diag and changes, mefi burn for uploads. Hand held afr for mixture readings (welded bungs in the cmi's).

With the mefi3 ecu that we have on these engines you are not going to see an injector problem from the data port. However, you can easily monitor your injectors on these because they are TBI. Take the arrestor off, hook up a timing light and point it at the spray. Pretty amazing how well it works. Currently all my injectors are fine at idle, but I had two on starboard that were puking what looks like full flow anything above idle. One cleaned up using my injection clean machine and solvent, the other will not.

Seems to be a constantly battle with these injectors, which is why Eddie is looking into alternatives.

Btw I think the 871 mod is great! It's on my list after drives with some good aluminum heads 800hp out of these mills has been achieved on the 871s
Old 10-13-2014, 03:11 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by 82predictor
I have a pair of stockers! I have been looking at the dyers 8-71 kits, would I need this injector upgrade for something like this and do I need to change out the cams or fuel system.
I just put did a head and cam swap on my stocker and it made 680hp. but it appeared to run out of injector in the upper rpm range. I kept adding fuel to it on the dyno and nothing changed. So with that being said, I believe that even with going to a bigger blower, the stock throttle bodies will still limit it to about 700hp.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4bus
I use tuner pro rt for diag and changes, mefi burn for uploads. Hand held afr for mixture readings (welded bungs in the cmi's).

With the mefi3 ecu that we have on these engines you are not going to see an injector problem from the data port. However, you can easily monitor your injectors on these because they are TBI. Take the arrestor off, hook up a timing light and point it at the spray. Pretty amazing how well it works. Currently all my injectors are fine at idle, but I had two on starboard that were puking what looks like full flow anything above idle. One cleaned up using my injection clean machine and solvent, the other will not.

Seems to be a constantly battle with these injectors, which is why Eddie is looking into alternatives.

Btw I think the 871 mod is great! It's on my list after drives with some good aluminum heads 800hp out of these mills has been achieved on the 871s
Thanks for the great info! What drives are you looking at?
Old 10-16-2014, 06:56 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry sure wish I saw this thread last year. The engine in the original post was in my 28' Advantage. It was a second rendition of a modified 575 that I built to run my single engine over 90 MPH. A little history of my trials. First rendition was the original 575 bottom end, and heads. I changed the cam to a roller, changed head gaskets and put an underdrive pulley on the 256 575 blower. Also changed fuel system to areomotive red pump and a MEFI 4B ECM with MSD software. I dynoed that motor and got about 710 HP out of it. Cam would allow more, but the throttle bodies seemed to choke, just not enough air and injectors were maxed. Motor pictured in the original post by Biggus second rendering, , has a plug and play harness that does plug into the stock 575 Main harness, (8) 60 LB injectors, same MEFI 4B and FAST throttle bodies. Throttle plate and rails were built by Jim Shofner. Plate is 1 1/16 thick. Fuel pressure is at 50 PSI. Regulator is on the return lines (Lines coming of front of rails in original post pic). Had Comp cams build special ground roller (actually I believe still in 4BUS engines). Used Whipple MOAC IC. Note, with the FAST throttle bodies and whipple MOAC, the overall height was 1/2 taller than the original 256 blower, superchiller and 256 manifold. Motor dyno'd 860 HP. Red areomotive pump needed to be changed to the pro black one because pressure dropped at 5300.

I went this route because I figured with all the 575 motors out there with blower issues, I could sell my original 575 set ups and have a good chunk towards this set up. Original 575 set up lasted one day and was sold so my assumption paid off. I'll try to post some pics of the set up.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:05 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

[ATTACH=CONFIG]531135[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]531136[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]531137[/ATTACH]

Pics of plate. never ran the motor in the 28. Sold the hull bought a twin 34' and built a duplicate. Ran it a bit and moved induction set up to my 540's.
Attached Thumbnails 575SCI throttle body upgrades??-inj-plate.jpg   575SCI throttle body upgrades??-bottom-view.jpg   575SCI throttle body upgrades??-inj-location.jpg  

Old 10-16-2014, 10:35 PM
Registered

Received 569 Likes on 341 Posts

That's pretty. What blowers?
Old 10-17-2014, 05:36 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by snapmorgan
I just put did a head and cam swap on my stocker and it made 680hp. but it appeared to run out of injector in the upper rpm range. I kept adding fuel to it on the dyno and nothing changed. So with that being said, I believe that even with going to a bigger blower, the stock throttle bodies will still limit it to about 700hp.
Did you replace the high pressure pump with an aeromotive? I dont think the stock pump can keep up. I had a goal of 800hp for my 575, if the fuel system will not support it I am hosed. I sent my throttle bodies out to CFM along with the adapter/mounting plate and let them work their magic on them. I think I can flow enough air fuel is the question.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 252 Posts

Stock pump on my current setup. Plan to upgrade this winter
Old 10-19-2014, 12:18 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by hogie roll
that's pretty. What blowers?
871 tbs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.