Dremel, which one? >

Dremel, which one?

Notices

Dremel, which one?

Old 04-25-2013, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dremel, which one?

Which model is everybody using for all around general "stuff"? You know, minor projects on the boat and around the house.

Been looking and there's a bunch of models, I really like the idea of a cordless, any opinions?

I think I'm leaning towards the 4200/4000 (corded) or 8220 (cordless) and would love to hear some feedback.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by jasonmd2
Which model is everybody using for all around general "stuff"? You know, minor projects on the boat and around the house.

Been looking and there's a bunch of models, I really like the idea of a cordless, any opinions?

I think I'm leaning towards the 4200/4000 (corded) or 8220 (cordless) and would love to hear some feedback.
i have a cordless and the one with the cord...i lways use the 120v one because the cordless one always has a dead battery even if i fully charge it and leave the battery out of the unit or leave it in the unit..if you leave it in the charger then it will keep the charge for a long time whyle using it but i dont like to leave things pluged in..get the corded one..
Old 04-25-2013, 06:14 PM
Registered

Fix which cordless model do you have?

The 8220 is the latest model and is supposed to have 30% more batt life than the 8200
Old 04-25-2013, 07:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jasonmd2
Fix which cordless model do you have?

The 8220 is the latest model and is supposed to have 30% more batt life than the 8200
unsure,,its blue/clear plastic,,bought it at wallmart for like 35 bucks..
Old 04-25-2013, 08:21 PM
Registered

Okay, thanks.

Anybody else have any input?
Old 04-25-2013, 09:49 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Get the most powerful one you can find. I've burned up 2 of them over the past 10 years. I think I own at least 2 that still work, and just threw away two after I stripped off any good parts. I always buy the corded ones. Fiberglass is tougher than it looks; and the Dremel will do some cutting, but others you will want a more robust rotary tool like a Roto-Zip or the Ryobi version of such. (I am on my second Ryobi "roto-zip" tool as well.)

If you feel like you need a small one for delicate work, they make an attachment wand that goes on it and almost has the in-hand feel of a big kindergartner's pencil.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

I burned up my Dremel enlarging speaker holes in the previous boat. I won't buy another one - it's probably great for delicate projects, but industrial it's not.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:10 PM
Registered

Run away. The only tool I have used like that holds up to good use is made by Fein. You will pay for it but much better than any dremel.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:53 PM
Registered

For cordless Milwaukee has an M12 rotary tool.

I haven't gotten one yet, but have a small fortune in a bunch of the Milwaukee M12 tools. Three drills, drill driver, impact driver, palm nailer, Pex expander and oscilating multi-tool and maybe a few more I forgot and love every one of them. Keep an eye out for sales as part of kit packages and the price gets more reasonable. They don't have the nuts of a 18V but they can also get places the big ones can't.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:29 PM
Registered

Thanks for all the input guys!

So it seems general consensus is that the dremels aren't that great, okay. I guess I'll keep a broader net cast and looks around at other brands...maybe rotozip, or any input on craftsman rotary tool? Can't really beat the warranty...

Thanks again guys!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.